US West Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Meet Up 1-10-21

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday at Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park 1-3pm

We will be discussing potential trips for the entire year, so if you have a great weekend (or long weekend) trip you enjoy let us know and we will start to lay out the outline for the year. Ideally we’d like to shoot for close to one trip a month or so. That way if you can’t make one you can catch another.

Itinerary
1pm
Welcome
Eat lunch and introductions
Discuss- First aid kits, bring yours to show if you have one
Snow run/recovery opportunities on MET
Calendar planning

Bring your camp chair, lunch, and a mask

Pleasanton Regional Park
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

88CFD198-9C22-4177-9D82-AD8F158B5703.jpeg

SkweekyXJ

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6GUN
Reactions: HaVeeBear

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
I know I will likely get flak here for this, but I can not in good conscience say nothing considering the circumstances. Can anyone in charge explain to me how this doesn't violate the regional stay at home order that has been indefinitely extended due to no ICU beds?

https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/12.3.20-Stay-at-Home-Order-ICU-Scenario.pdf

The guidance states that the threshold for California’s regional plan is triggered when ICU bed availability falls under 15%, Alameda county, where the meet up is located, is at 30%. Guidance also states that recreational activities are open as long as they don’t sell or serve food. For those interested in coming we will be outside, gathered in family groups, with masks. Bring your own lunch and camp chairs. There is a turn around circle to the right of the lot where we can spread out to more than 6 feet apart.

SkweekyXJ

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Edmund
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6GUN
The guidance states that the threshold for California’s regional plan is triggered when ICU bed availability falls under 15%, Alameda county, where the meet up is located, is at 30%. Guidance also states that recreational activities are open as long as they don’t sell or serve food. For those interested in coming we will be outside, gathered in family groups, with masks. Bring your own lunch and camp chairs. There is a turn around circle to the right of the lot where we can spread out to more than 6 feet apart.
So you're saying that we are not in the Bay area, where its reported a 3% ICU availability? Do you not care about Alameda's ability to handle overflow from our neighboring counties?

1610297156320.png

this is a un-necessary gathering outside our homes, households are gathering outside with other households.

I am disappointed in a community like OB supporting this at this time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people, take this pandemic seriously. We've already lost over 350,000 lives.

Budman

Rank V

Member III

Pleasanton, CA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
ONeil
Member #

Team,

Just my .02, we all are taking Covid19 seriously and the pandemic as everyone has been impacted! ! !

Personally, we were planning on hiking today as we have been doing this at the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park during the Order, then enjoying an outdoor and social distance walk about rigs respecting the social distance requirements and mask requirements, the regional parks are open.

The following are from the regional park guidelines and the CA-GOV website for an informed decision.

[COVID-19: Park and Trail Updates]

“The pandemic has shown us very clearly that we need parks – now more than ever – as parks and open space are essential for our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. County health officers have affirmed that spending time in parks is beneficial for health, disease prevention, and mental stress relief”

“Current state and local “Shelter-in-Place” orders allow for “outdoor recreation activities” as an “essential activity” as long as park visitors wear face masks and keep the 6-foot social distance.”

[COVID19.CA.GOV]

The following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100% masking and physical distancing:
  • Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only for the purpose of facilitating physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise, without any food, drink or alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
  • Under the Regional Stay At Home Order, can we go outside?
Members of the same household are encouraged to maintain physical and mental health by safely going to a park, a beach, hike, walk, or bike ride with members of their own household. Californians are also encouraged to keep connected with loved ones virtually
  • What am I allowed to do under the Regional Stay At Home Order?
Residents are required to stay at home as much as possible and minimize mixing to reduce unnecessary exposure, while still being able to do important things like go to the doctor, buy groceries, pick up takeout, go on a hike, or worship outdoors.
  • Are Gyms required to required to close in regions where the Regional Stay At Home Order is in effect?
Gyms in counties in a region that is impacted by the order must stop indoor operations. Outdoor gyms meet the essential workforce definition of an outdoor recreational facility for the purpose of facilitating personal health through physically distanced outdoor exercise and may continue operations.

I understand the concerns and respect everyone's thoughts. I am still planning on hiking, and enjoying the moments outside and an opportunity share the Regional Park.

Budman

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Team,

Just my .02, we all are taking Covid19 seriously and the pandemic as everyone has been impacted! ! !

Personally, we were planning on hiking today as we have been doing this at the Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park during the Order, then enjoying an outdoor and social distance walk about rigs respecting the social distance requirements and mask requirements, the regional parks are open.

The following are from the regional park guidelines and the CA-GOV website for an informed decision.

[COVID-19: Park and Trail Updates]

“The pandemic has shown us very clearly that we need parks – now more than ever – as parks and open space are essential for our physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. County health officers have affirmed that spending time in parks is beneficial for health, disease prevention, and mental stress relief”

“Current state and local “Shelter-in-Place” orders allow for “outdoor recreation activities” as an “essential activity” as long as park visitors wear face masks and keep the 6-foot social distance.”

[COVID19.CA.GOV]

The following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100% masking and physical distancing:
  • Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only for the purpose of facilitating physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise, without any food, drink or alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
  • Under the Regional Stay At Home Order, can we go outside?
Members of the same household are encouraged to maintain physical and mental health by safely going to a park, a beach, hike, walk, or bike ride with members of their own household. Californians are also encouraged to keep connected with loved ones virtually
  • What am I allowed to do under the Regional Stay At Home Order?
Residents are required to stay at home as much as possible and minimize mixing to reduce unnecessary exposure, while still being able to do important things like go to the doctor, buy groceries, pick up takeout, go on a hike, or worship outdoors.
  • Are Gyms required to required to close in regions where the Regional Stay At Home Order is in effect?
Gyms in counties in a region that is impacted by the order must stop indoor operations. Outdoor gyms meet the essential workforce definition of an outdoor recreational facility for the purpose of facilitating personal health through physically distanced outdoor exercise and may continue operations.

I understand the concerns and respect everyone's thoughts. I am still planning on hiking, and enjoying the moments outside and an opportunity share the Regional Park.

Budman
Thanks Larry

Reactions: Retired

SWLands

Rank III

Member III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

FWIW I was by that parking lot a couple days ago, midweek, and there were a lot of cars. Now it is the weekend. I could easily see the lot being filled up, and trying to get a meet in there being a bit invasive for people showing up to hike.

Dave K

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham Callsign
KK6PXJ
Finally confirming why the group thing just never seems to work for me. There is always something that taints the lot. Glad it works for some though.

Cheers

BCMoto

Rank III

Enthusiast III

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

So you're saying that we are not in the Bay area, where its reported a 3% ICU availability? Do you not care about Alameda's ability to handle overflow from our neighboring counties?
We are al adults we know whats going on, its up to us if we want to go outside. If you feel you are in danger then stay home, just dont make others stay home because your affraid or you are more prone to getting sick.

Last edited: