Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
First Meet up for the Tri-Cities. More of a tail gate hang out. Let's introduce ourselves and eat some BBQ. I will bring a small BBQ and a few beverages. Feel free to bring whatever.

Horn Rapids has been owned by Benton County since the 1960s after having previously been used as an administrative facility for Hanford Site contractors and as an internment camp during World War II (“Columbia Camp”). Protected by over 4 miles of

Yakima River frontage on one side and the public lands on the other, Horn Rapids Park offers over 800 acres of transitional river-to-upland shrub-steppe habitat that is accessible and relatively quiet.

Horn Rapids is the only Benton County park where overnight camping is available. There are a total of 22 sites in the campground, and camping is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Camping is $25 per night for a recreational vehicle and $15 per night per tent, with a maximum of 2 tents per campsite. Sites have full water and electrical hook-ups, and there is an RV dump station on the premises. There are also restrooms and showers attached to the campground. Horn Rapids Park is a recreational campground not a residential campground. As such, maximum length of stay at the campground is 14 nights.

In addition to the campground, Horn Rapids has a horse camp, model airplane facility, boat launch, and miles of multi-use trails. The park is renowned as a sanctuary for both quantity and variety of dragonflies and birds, causing it to be a bit of a destination for nature photographers and people trying to check different species off of their lists.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Jedi and Chadlyb

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Great to see this on the map.
Now it's time for everyone to go and hit the RSVP button and sign up.

-Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: Jedi and PNW EXPLR

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I just went to put this on the big family calendar( Yes you actually need to do that) and I am going to be in Washington DC that weekend. and Atlanta the next.

James Kielhorn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Selah, Wa
First Name
James
Last Name
Kielhorn
Member #

Service Branch
US Army (RET) 01-21
Unfortunately I will be out of State dong some Military Training.

James Kielhorn

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Selah, Wa
First Name
James
Last Name
Kielhorn
Member #

Service Branch
US Army (RET) 01-21
Unfortunately I will be out of State dong some Military Training.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Only 2 more weeks. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
There's a rumor of some tri-tip being smoked up at this meetup.
Jus sayin.....

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey Everybody. Was thinking......What are your thoughts on bringing maps and creating a soft plan for a trail run before the end of summer? I am pretty new to the PNW so I would love to see some of your favorite trails and camps.

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
IMG_0197.JPG
Tri-tip was delicious
IMG_0199.JPG
Brats from the Jetboil

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

PNW EXPLR

Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I believe it was 3 of us. I took off around 2 due to another event I had. It was nice to meet some other people though and hopefully get together out on the trail soon.
Garrett is correct. 3 members plus I invited a buddy with a pretty built jeep. He had a limited knowledge of OB. He really enjoyed the activity.
It was great to meet you and your family Garrett. I look forward to seeing your FJ60 when its done.
@suffolklou thanks for letting me borrow the GPS receiver. I used it yesterday on the Kendall Trail.