Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
We want to traverse central/southern Utah in the mid spring so by Utah weather standards late may early June. We would like to start in Montrose Colorado and finish in say Pioche Nevada. We would like to do this trip with four maybe five vehicles mostly couples but kids and teenagers always welcome do the Rimrocker trail, white rim trail, behind the reef trail, Burr trail and switchbacks Hells backbone, main canyon of the Escalante river, Proctor canyon, mammoth creek, Duck creek, markagunt plateau, west desert. So much more available contact me let’s plan a overland trip not rock crawling but overlanding but not tame either just some fun amongst friends

Attachments

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Sounds like a great trip!

Have you checked to see when Rimrocker usually opens? Since there is some elevation there it may be still blocked with snow in the spring.

Also, have you looked at getting your white rim camping reservations, etc? There can be quite the lead time.

Reactions: OpenlanderZ

OpenlanderZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cimarron, CO 81220, USA
First Name
Elisha
Last Name
Holt
Member #

That does sound like a great trip! I know my wife and I planned to put together a Rimrocker trip at some point in the late spring, early summer. Rick, if you want to reach out to me with some particulars, maybe we can put something on the calendar.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Sounds like a great trip!

Have you checked to see when Rimrocker usually opens? Since there is some elevation there it may be still blocked with snow in the spring.

Also, have you looked at getting your white rim camping reservations, etc? There can be quite the lead time.
That’s why I put it off til June I used to live in montrose and with the small amount of snow we have received so far this year I think mid June would be the latest Utah and Colorado are only at 25% of typical snowfall

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
That’s why I put it off til June I used to live in montrose and with the small amount of snow we have received so far this year I think mid June would be the latest Utah and Colorado are only at 25% of typical snowfall
I really do appreciate the input that’s why I threw it out there I haven’t finalized anything at this point so others with more experience in trips like this can tell me what I am missing

TroutRunner

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Durango, Colorado
First Name
David
Last Name
@
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KY0TEQ
I am looking at doing the Rimrocker Trail in June as well. I have it all mapped out on Gaia GPS and I even added another 45 loop up to Guyser Pass and back over LaSal Pass to reconnect to the RR Trail.