Travel to OTG2017 from L.A. / Southbay (9/28, Thursday)

• HTML tutorial

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I haven't seen any info about this yet, so I thought I'd post up a plan and if anyone wants to travel with us, you'd be more than welcome.

Current plan is to collect up near LAX / Culver city / I-405 area sometime near 09:30 time frame and go north.

We are planning to meet up with some other groups near the bottom of the hill before going up to Shaver Lake in the early afternoon. Our plan might include a grocery stop along the way, so we're not going to be in a hurry.

Remember, if you plan to camp within Camp Edison on Thursday night, you'll need to make your own reservation for that one night. You can do that here: Camp Edison Reservations

If this sounds like it would fit in to your agenda, post up and lets start a list.

So far, it's me and @Narbob
- @Judge (9/24)

Also, we will be using comms,
--> Ham 146.460
--> CB Ch#16

Dan.

Last edited:

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
I'll be leaving at 5AM Thursday from OC and heading up over Hwy 2 to Lancaster and Tehachapi, arriving about noon. My son and I will be in Site #2 for the evening. We'll be looking for others there and stop by if we don't get to you.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Sounds like your timeframe is right in line with mine, Dan. I could connect with you fellows anywhere from the Valley northward. Count me in!

Added you to our informal list. Check the comms, not sure what you're using.
Remind me what you're driving and we'll look out for you.

Dan.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Are you guys registered for the official OTG? Or are you crashing the party, ha.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Go it. I misread your post. You guys are reserving camp for Thursday since OTG starts Friday. It was late, I thought it said you were reserving a campsite near OTG for the whole weekend. Have fun!

Reactions: VCeXpedition