Trasheroo Improvise

• HTML tutorial

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

I don't have a spare tire on the rear of my car. Recently, I headed off to Southeastern Utah for a week of travel to see the geologic and archeology sights. I wanted something to carry my mobile potty gear / trash and came up with this workaround for a vehicle with no spare. I used four lengths of rope with small carabiner attachments to keep it in place. I'm probably not the first or the last to do this, but I thought I woud share it anyway. Happy trails!

Perhaps someday a spare tire off the back...

(That's The Mexican Hat formation in the upper left side background)

Trasheroo.jpg

Last edited:

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
The standard Trasharoo straps work well around the upper tailgate on my 100 series. After a few days the hatch struts do struggle. Just remember to avoid triggering the rear wiper.
View attachment 93850
That's the plan with my WJ. I'll have to remember to check before using the rear wiper.

Reactions: KonzaLander

gDanCO

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor III

Thornton, CO, USA
Member #

The standard Trasharoo straps work well around the upper tailgate on my 100 series. After a few days the hatch struts do struggle. Just remember to avoid triggering the rear wiper.
View attachment 93850
Your right about the liftgate struggling when the Trasharoo starts to fill up. Right now I am using carbiners to hold the bag; I may look into a buckle system which would making the release of the Trasharoo easier.