Trans Canada, by Land Rover..... in a couple of years

• HTML tutorial

rpw110

Rank II

Advocate II

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding some good trails to do, particularly in BC and western Alberta, I've got the Hema explorer app but there's hardly any tracks upload to cloud, thanks

Reactions: Zargon

pjo

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Vancouver
Member #

@rpw110 where exactly in BC and western Alberta are you looking to do some trails? After all, they are fairly big Provinces and can take multiple days to drive across (depending on direction). Also what time of year are you thinking of travelling? Some of the mountain passes are still buried in snow in late June...

rpw110

Rank II

Advocate II

@rpw110 where exactly in BC and western Alberta are you looking to do some trails? After all, they are fairly big Provinces and can take multiple days to drive across (depending on direction). Also what time of year are you thinking of travelling? Some of the mountain passes are still buried in snow in late June...

Mainly southern Alberta, I'm thinking of doing the forestry trunk road, so was wondering of there where good trails branching across from that, and in BC sort of anywhere I'm planning to take about two weeks to really explore

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

rpw110

Rank II

Advocate II

Check out these local forums for some local trip reports;
http://www.overlandcanada.com/forum/index.php
http://forum.untitledoffroad.com/index.php

Lots to visit, just a heads up; 2017 is Canada's 150th - so they've been giving out free passes to Canada Parks this year. While this is a good thing - considering the traffic and the number of people who are going to be in the national parks in August I would recommend a more remote spot to visit..
Thanks, I read about the free passes but unfortunately I won't be doing this trip for at least 2-21/2 years. Would September/ October be a better time to aim for to arrive in Alberta/BC?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

I love the Kootenays in the fall; Larch turn and the weather stays nice, just don't walk around with antlers on your head.

Always amazing. I'm heading to Enderby, just north of Vernon in a couple of weeks to visit my Dad. Going to do a bit of ice fishing and exploring.

Mvan49

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

This is a great time of the year if it's sunny. I know the valley there can be a scorcher in the summer. I was in Victoria a couple of weeks ago and hike up Mount Finlayson with the son in law but 450 m of elevation gain in 1.2 km is getting tough on my old bones. Lol.