Trans American Trail

• HTML tutorial

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

Trans American Trail, Nomad Overlanding. This past summer I ran the TAT, from Cape Hateras to western Utah. I must have packed and repacked 4 or 5 times. 2012 Tacoma with a topper and a RTT. I got it right, didn't need anything I didn't have. 2 tire issues, no mechanical issues and some amazing people, tracks, roads and trails. The trip was far more interesting , exciting, and challenging than I could have hoped for. Outstanding way to travel and explore. The truck was a good choice and set up well. We faced some unexpected challenges and made good choices. I am going back to western Utah to pick up the trail where we left off and going to finish it completely. Then up the west coast to Bellingham and north to Alaska. We have been doing this for sometime now and it is one of the best and most satisfying things we have ever done. If anyone wants to use a few of our ideas I'd be glad to share, also I'm always willing to learn or look at better ways of doing things, places to go, see and explore. It's all an Adventure!
Joe.
Nomad Overlanding.

Attachments

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mechanicsville Iowa
Member #

I also have an off road trailer. I elected not to take it on the TAT. I did run into several places it would have been a monster challenge to get it through, and I prefer the trailer. Just think about it. If you take it let me know how it went. I was hoping to take mine at first.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #