Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
I am going to finish the TAT this coming June from Utah to Oregon. I would like to have a second vehicle go along . Anyone interested? I am driving a 2012 Tacoma with a rooftop tent. Once I reach the trails end in Oregon I will continue on to Alaska . It wouldn't hurt to have a second vehicle along in some of the more remote areas. I will be fully outfitted, we have already been from the east coast to Utah on the trail. I'm going to finish it.
Joe.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

That sounds awesome. I’m not quite ready for this yet.... but it’s on my bucket list.

How did you like the trip west to Utah? Any lessons learned?

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Yes, many. The trip was far better than I expected. Packing was a challenge. I repacked the truck several times before I left, the less weight the better. I got it right. Many water crossings, a few detours, some amazing tracks and trails, and some very interesting people. I will continue exploring. It can be done for less than you think. What kind of rig do you have?

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

A stock T4R 5th gen.

Looking at adding rock sliders and a roof rack in the near future. And probably a low-pro bumper with winch.

Also looking at an off-road tear drop trailer like: Hiker, InTech, Escapade, or VRV.

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
I usually run with an off road trailer. It allows you to set a base camp and make day trips without resetting a vehicle mounted tent. For the TAT I put the rooftop tent on y truck. It worked well. What ever system works for you. Rock sliders, get what ever you like but be sure you can use a hilift on them if need be. I may have some photos on our website if you want to see. Nomadoverlanding.com
I'll try to up load a photo of our trailer

Attachments

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I usually run with an off road trailer. It allows you to set a base camp and make day trips without resetting a vehicle mounted tent. For the TAT I put the rooftop tent on y truck. It worked well. What ever system works for you. Rock sliders, get what ever you like but be sure you can use a hilift on them if need be. I may have some photos on our website if you want to see. Nomadoverlanding.com
I'll try to up load a photo of our trailer
Thanks Joe!

Reactions: Ozzie H

John Lanford

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm
Thanks Joe!
I would be interested in going. Only thing I am on a rotational schedule that is pretty much set. I work 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. If I am home I am in. I am driving a 2014 AEV Jeep Rubicon on 37's either way works I can bring my trailer or put the roof top tent on the Jeep. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, hard to find someone willing and has the time. John

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Hey John,
You never know, maybe it would work. I did not take my trailer on this trip just because of some areas were very tight. When we get the dates and time set I'll let you know. Western Utah where we can pick up the TAT then on to Oregon.
Joe.

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
I would be interested in going. Only thing I am on a rotational schedule that is pretty much set. I work 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in Prudhoe Bay Alaska. If I am home I am in. I am driving a 2014 AEV Jeep Rubicon on 37's either way works I can bring my trailer or put the roof top tent on the Jeep. I have been wanting to do this for a while now, hard to find someone willing and has the time. John

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app
Stay in touch.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
When you are on your next leg and going through WA, hit me up and we might join you along the WABDR.

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
When you are on your next leg and going through WA, hit me up and we might join you along the WABDR.
will do. We will be headed north through the inside passage on a ferry, then driving back down.

John Lanford

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Lanford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki6clm
Joe,
Will do.
I just checked my schedule and looks like I will be off work May 27 thru June 16. Hopefully that can work with your schedule. John

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Joe,
Will do.
I just checked my schedule and looks like I will be off work May 27 thru June 16. Hopefully that can work with your schedule. John
Can you give me a call? We can exchange emails. 319-521-6513