Trans American Trail Fishing Licences Permits / Camp Sites

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

This Spring I will be attempting to travel a portion of the TAT from NC to Colorado I would like to do some fishing along the way. Can anyone tell me if there are places to stop along the TAT in each state to purchase a licence? Are any of these states Retired Military friendly which provide discounts for the licence? Are any of the Camp sites free access to the public and do any require any sort of fee?

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
This Spring I will be attempting to travel a portion of the TAT from NC to Colorado I would like to do some fishing along the way. Can anyone tell me if there are places to stop along the TAT in each state to purchase a licence? Are any of these states Retired Military friendly which provide discounts for the licence? Are any of the Camp sites free access to the public and do any require any sort of fee?
I see it goes through Arkansas. I was through there back in October and can HIGHLY recommend a few days on the White River for the big brown and rainbow trout. Cotter is the main attraction but there is good fishing on the North Fork also. Some really nice campgrounds and lots of National Forests. Lots of trails for overlanding. Most states seem to reserve their discounts on licences for residents.

Do you have your Senior Pass that gets one half price on most federally maintained facilities/campgrounds. Forest Service, Corp of Engineer, probably BLM. If you are old enough that is!

I'll be interested to know how it goes. I am also planning extended fishing excursion to Colorado and points West. Arkansas is about half way and I did a "test run" with some new equipment and all. Ozarks are worth some extra time to explore. Interesting area with lots of nooks and crannys!

Oh. Lawd! Just realized it was dated last January! Oh, well...how did it go?

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

any academy, bass pro shops, cabelas and even walmart can hook you up with an out of state fishing license in any state your going through. Be sure to get the booklet telling you that states regulations so you dont have the game warden on you for under or oversized fish or over the limit they usually have info on the lakes in the state too.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF
I had to buy my NM license online. I was in a small NM town and while I was trying to get my license the mayor of the town pull up to ask if I need help. I told him what I was doing and he said there was a place in town I could go to and get it. I told him I had already been there and they had internet problems. He called them to find out what the issue was and then told them he couldn't be mad at them due to that problem.