Trails Between Inland Empire and Las Vegas?

• HTML tutorial

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

My girlfriend and I have a Vegas trip coming up in October and we are going to take an extra day coming home and spend some time off road on the way home and/or pick a place to stay for the night and come home on Monday.

Any recommendations for either a day trip or over nighter between San Bernardino County and Vegas?

Thank you.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
My girlfriend and I have a Vegas trip coming up in October and we are going to take an extra day coming home and spend some time off road on the way home and/or pick a place to stay for the night and come home on Monday.

Any recommendations for either a day trip or over nighter between San Bernardino County and Vegas?

Thank you.

If you want to go as far as Baker, you can go south on Kelbaker road about 13 miles. On your right, there's Seventeen Mile point, there's a bunch of campsites along the base of that hill as you go around to the North and West of it. Good spots. The sand can be a little soft, stay on the main track until you get to the spot you want.
If you go a little bit further south, you'll see lava flows on your left, you can camp along those, there's several good spots there.
That's just off the road pretty much, if you go further in either road, there's more.

October is a good time to be there.

17mile_point.JPG

Dan.

Attachments

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

If you want to go as far as Baker, you can go south on Kelbaker road about 13 miles. On your right, there's Seventeen Mile point, there's a bunch of campsites along the base of that hill as you go around to the North and West of it. Good spots. The sand can be a little soft, stay on the main track until you get to the spot you want.
If you go a little bit further south, you'll see lava flows on your left, you can camp along those, there's several good spots there.
That's just off the road pretty much, if you go further in either road, there's more.

View attachment 62163

Dan.
Thanks for the info!! Much Appreciated.

Jeff Petsche
West Region/Orange County
2018 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Off Road
OB #10895
Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: VCeXpedition

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

View attachment 62163

Dan.
Very cool. I always stop in Baker for Mad Greek en route to Las Vegas. I'll have to take a quick detour and check these sites out. Might be photogenic if nothing else.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Very cool. I always stop in Baker for Mad Greek en route to Las Vegas. I'll have to take a quick detour and check these sites out. Might be photogenic if nothing else.

If you like the desert as much as I do, it's a worthwhile detour.
Check your map too, if you have time, you can detour the whole uphill climb with a tour through the desert -> South on Kelbaker -> North on KelsoCima -> Cima rd.

Reactions: JandAOffRoad