Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

I love that you built your own. There is a sense of pride involved in a DIY project. I love the kitchen setup. How much was the total build not including the accessories like the fridge, stove, etc.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

The prebuilt ones are typically for jeep or Toyota widths. My H3 is a bit wider. It's important that the track width is the same as tow rig,sooooo.
I have not put receipts together yet, but I'm guessing $7K.
Tires/ wheels $9000
Axle$550
Boxes $400
Water Tank $300
Fridge drawer slides $250

Those are the big items, but lots of small

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

very cool -

I've been looking for a door like yours (where the fridge is) for mine, do you know make / model that is?

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

very cool -

I've been looking for a door like yours (where the fridge is) for mine, do you know make / model that is?
One of my regrets building this trailer. I got these doors off of e Bay. (RV doors). I should have purchased them first and built frame around door rather than trying to sift through 100's of sizes to fit what I had already welded together.
Learn, learn, learn

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Got to Santa Cruz for a overnighter to check stock of trailer. Turned lots of heads. Very cool. But there was a preschool camp out at that KOA. There must have been 40 under 5 kids in our campsite. Just Wow.

Spolar

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seal Beach, CA
Member #

Awesome work man. I wish I had the fab skills for a project like that. If you ever want to "help" me build a trailer let me know I'm not too far away :wink:

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Awesome work man. I wish I had the fab skills for a project like that. If you ever want to "help" me build a trailer let me know I'm not too far away :wink:
Sure. Lets do it. Check out dinoot trailers. Scott builds a great product and has simplified the process so there is less custom fab work. He uses a harbor freight trailer and then a fiberglass box you put on. Cool set up. To narrow for me. And i wanted a lot more from my trailer.

Mitch

Seriously, pm me and lets build someting

Reactions: Will Macia

Spolar

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seal Beach, CA
Member #

"Not too far away" is relative. I'm down near Los Angeles. I get up to the bay area here and there. But I'll definitely remember to hit you up next time I'm heading up that way if for nothing else to meet up and maybe do a little wheeling.

Reactions: mitchandbuck

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

"Not too far away" is relative. I'm down near Los Angeles. I get up to the bay area here and there. But I'll definitely remember to hit you up next time I'm heading up that way if for nothing else to meet up and maybe do a little wheeling.
My four drive club ( not really mine, but I love um) Diablo 4 Wheelers does a Presidents' Day annual trip to Death Valley. Check our website schedule and maybe you could join us.

Traveler I

Raleigh, North Carolina
Member #

I love it...giving me some great ideas for mine. While I didn't start from complete scratch, I'm working through the process of deciding what add-ons I need and what is overkill. Good luck as you continue to build out...keep up the good work.

Reactions: mitchandbuck

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

9 days in Oregon in June and 12 days in Colorado in July. It’s worked really well. Couple small issues, but been really happy with rig.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Great trailer. Does it have suspension? If so, does it bottom out in your wheel wells?
Yes. It’s a torsion axle. It just barely touches under duress.

Reactions: khorsa