Trail Guardian Trail Cleanup - Truckee / Prossor Damn Shooting Range Clean Up - 06/16/2018

• HTML tutorial

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Hey all! My name is Jordan Kepler. I just finished driving down to Overland Expo with Michael and camping the weekend at the event. AMAZING!!! Now I am trying to organize a fun clean up at the shooting range near Prossor Damn In Truckee CA. Out back behind the lake there are tons of miles of dirt trails to explore, but mixed in with all these amazing trails is my local shooting range and it is trashed!!! I was about to clean this up before I left for Overland Expo West but I underestimated the amount of trash and live round mixed in with the shells and casings and I need some help.

So I did some research and spoke with the our local police and sportsman club to figure out the proper way to dispose of trash that may contain live ammunition. The answer is that there is no good system... The dump wont accept it, (even as hazardous waste...) So if anyone is interested in some Ice cold drinks maybe some food?! and a good work out while picking up and helping separate out the live rounds from trash, I will be out at the shooting range June 16th. 9am

What we will do the live rounds? If there are rounds that are still clean and unblemished, anyone is welcome to take them and use them. Anything that is left over, will be taken to the Truckee police to be surrendered and disposed of.

What to bring: Metal detectors, something to sift through dirt, gloves, heafty trash bags, buckets and any food or drinks?

Lastly, I want to make a fun video about this process and hopefully inspire more people to do the same in their areas.

Reach you to me on here, or instagram @keppppy if your interested in joining.

Thank you all so much.

View Rally Point
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I wish I could go but cant get away that weekend. Nice job wit the Rally Point.

Jibs

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Reno
First Name
Jibs
Last Name
Lundemo
Member #

I'd love to go, but I leave across the state for work on the 13th and won't be back for a bit. There are a lot of public lands that need to be cleaned! See you out on the trails soon.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

I'd love to go, but I leave across the state for work on the 13th and won't be back for a bit. There are a lot of public lands that need to be cleaned! See you out on the trails soon.
sounds good, no worries. Yes there are, we will get them one at a time! Let me know if your ever looking to hit a trail in the truckee area.

Christopher Hersey

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Roseville, CA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Hersey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6GTB
Hi Jordan, I’ve been enjoying your channel since it was featured in Mike’s recent video. Unfortunately I’ll be out of town the weekend of the cleanup. I’ll keep an eye out for future events in the area though. Keep up the great work on your YT channel!

Curt_JK

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

666 Florin Road, Sacramento 95831
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QMH
That's Father's Day weekend. If you do it again, I'd be interested.
I'm always disappointed in fellow shooters that leave brass, targets, and debris in public lands.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Hi Jordan, I’ve been enjoying your channel since it was featured in Mike’s recent video. Unfortunately I’ll be out of town the weekend of the cleanup. I’ll keep an eye out for future events in the area though. Keep up the great work on your YT channel!
Vinz, Thank you very much! will do.

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

That's Father's Day weekend. If you do it again, I'd be interested.
I'm always disappointed in fellow shooters that leave brass, targets, and debris in public lands.
Ill let you know, there are a few shooting ranges around the area. It would be nice to get them all cleaned for the summer. Ill let you know. Thanks!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Hey all! Super excited for this weekend. Thanks again for anyone who is coming to help clean. Ill have plenty of coffee and breakfast treats!

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I would love to be there. I’ve wanted to do something like this for quite sometime. Unfortunately my mom is in the hospital right now and don’t think I can spare the time. Nice work to everyone that can.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey all! My name is Jordan Kepler. I just finished driving down to Overland Expo with Michael and camping the weekend at the event. AMAZING!!! Now I am trying to organize a fun clean up at the shooting range near Prossor Damn In Truckee CA. Out back behind the lake there are tons of miles of dirt trails to explore, but mixed in with all these amazing trails is my local shooting range and it is trashed!!! I was about to clean this up before I left for Overland Expo West but I underestimated the amount of trash and live round mixed in with the shells and casings and I need some help.

So I did some research and spoke with the our local police and sportsman club to figure out the proper way to dispose of trash that may contain live ammunition. The answer is that there is no good system... The dump wont accept it, (even as hazardous waste...) So if anyone is interested in some Ice cold drinks maybe some food?! and a good work out while picking up and helping separate out the live rounds from trash, I will be out at the shooting range June 16th. 9am

What we will do the live rounds? If there are rounds that are still clean and unblemished, anyone is welcome to take them and use them. Anything that is left over, will be taken to the Truckee police to be surrendered and disposed of.

What to bring: Metal detectors, something to sift through dirt, gloves, heafty trash bags, buckets and any food or drinks?

Lastly, I want to make a fun video about this process and hopefully inspire more people to do the same in their areas.

Reach you to me on here, or instagram @keppppy if your interested in joining.

Thank you all so much.

Can't make it this weekend (father's day and all) but let us know when you do another one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app