Trail Guardian Trail Cleanup - Swift Rapids Rd - Clean up ONTARIO CANADA - 06/16/2018

• HTML tutorial

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Swift Rapids Rd is a gravel, un-maintained rd that leads to the Swift Rapids. The road/trail takes you through crown land with trails, campsites and nature thats free and ours to enjoy. HOWEVER comma, there is a lot of trash and debris that people are leaving which makes the area look bad, is bad for the environment and will inevitably get the area closed down if nothing changes.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Kent R

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Im planning to camp up there and so are most people that are coming to help from other groups.

Plan to be self sufficient in terms of food, water, shelter etc... but there will be many people around to help with other things like extra trash bags for clean up.

Wrangler_ON

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto, Ontario
Member #

Sadly, I'm working that day...otherwise I would have loved to! Please keep me posted with more rally points in the future and hopefully my schedule will sync with a day off! hope you all enjoy it!

Reactions: HEYElliott

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Looks like we may encounter a little sprinkle of rain but not enough to keep me away.
For those of you coming, we will be meeting at a small circular parking lot on the west (left) side of the rd right where swift rapids rd begins. Ill plan to be there early so you should see my 4Runner on your way in.

Oldman

Rank 0

Traveler I

Looks like we may encounter a little sprinkle of rain but not enough to keep me away.
For those of you coming, we will be meeting at a small circular parking lot on the west (left) side of the rd right where swift rapids rd begins. Ill plan to be there early so you should see my 4Runner on your way in.
No rain great day enjoy the camping. don't forget White's Falls Dam, White's Falls Road, Georgian Bay, ON.

Nik. Silver 04 Taco

Reactions: HEYElliott

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

First off I want to thank the members from OB for coming out to the trail clean up. We connected with other local groups such as Ontario Federation of Four Wheel Drive, Ontario Overland and Southern Ontario 4x4. We made a huge dent in the status of Swift Rapids Rd and Long Lake trail. If anyone has photos of the clean up post them up because you deserve credit for a phenomenal job!

TacoVenturer87

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kenora, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Gren
Member #

Hi all
I wish i got an email regarding this even as I would have definitely come along.

I will be checking my account several times a week to make sure I don't miss out on any more local Overland Bound events.

Cheers

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Im definitely interested in doing another, I had heard from some folks that came on the last run that it gets pretty crazy during the summer and finding a campsite could be difficult.

@TacoVenturer87 if you have facebook look up the Ontario Overland group page as well as Southern Ontario 4x4 club. Lots of postings there currently about doing some fall colour runs and other events.