Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

I looked around and no one really has a jack that goes directly into the hitch to keep the trailer on a tripod level. The wheel just does not give the even support I thought would be adequate, as it’s only one side.

So I custom made a bracket that was cut from an old bent toe hitch and welded on the round connector for a wind jack I got. Found a durablock (job site comeup) and made it a foot. Now it can go on any terrain without worry of slippage, which the flat bottom jack stands are. IMG_4639.JPG

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Now I just need longer bolts for both of those with lock holes and two locks will make the trailer a pain to try and steal if we drive away to explore.

Reactions: Mudraider

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
I like this idea. Good work. I too am having difficulty with the jack being on one-side of the tongue. When jacked up, even though there are stabilizers on the back, it pushes the jack-side up too far and makes it difficult to get the teardrop level. I think you have come up with a great solution. Thanks for the idea.

McGrizzly

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
McGraw
Member #

Thanks! I would only say the stand is still wobbly. Maybe because of the price. I’m not sure a more expensive jack would be more stable at a long length.