To Travel or not to Travel

• HTML tutorial

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

You do have lots of great landscapes, wildlife and remote places to visit. Far more than we do in the UK. Perhaps you are missing out on the opportunities to experience different people, cultures and traditions. But then I suppose none of us (well few of us normal folk) can have it all. We should all enjoy what we can.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Good article and to the point.

For me, 2 reasons...
1. it's the expense! Criminy, I can't afford to ship a vehicle to Africa or Australia, I keep hoping that lottery makes it possible, but I guess I have to by a ticket first!
2. There's so many places here that are worth the long weekend or the more carefully planned week-long adventure, and I can meet people that are very different than me, which adds so much to my travel.

I do have places outside our "safe" borders on my list, and I will click them off one at a time, but until then, and in between, I will continue to go to places like Mojave, Bears Ears, San Rafael Swell, the Sierra's, and almost anywhere in Colorado to fulfill my need to connect back with nature! Which, for me, is the point.

Dan.

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

If we could have it all, traveling the entire world would be the most ideal way to expand our horizons and experience adventure at its fullest potential. That said, the main point is to get out and enjoy what you can enjoy and not take for granted what's outside your front door. The US has a lot to offer as does the rest of the world. If you're fortunate enough to travel outside the US, that's awesome! If not, you can still enjoy adventure stateside. :)