To expo west then, southwest, rockys and?

• HTML tutorial

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

I have blocked out the entire month of May this year for an overland adventure with my dog. I am reaching out to overland bound members in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and, Nevada. I am just greenhorn to overlanding. I am looking for local members for advice/recommendations or join in on some trails in the aforementioned states. I am looking to do some photography in remote locations. Off-roading is also new to me so trails can not be to difficult. The only weekend blocked out for adventuring is the 12-14 which is overland expo west. I purchased these two books and plan to buy the north and south editions for Colorado trails but a book can only tell so much and a more seasoned person would be great to come along and advise..

Send me a PM with contact info if anybody is interested. No dates other then expo west are set in stone.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

sounds like a badass plan wish I could tag along!
one piece of advice is get the gps sd card that goes with those books and then use like a tablet or something and download all the maps prior to use and then you can have a better time and not be staring at a book lol

I say this from experience I have the California edition and my papa ended up having the sd card and it was a life saver, it also number matches the trails in the book too. worth every penny.

Reactions: IanC83

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

sounds like a badass plan wish I could tag along!
one piece of advice is get the gps sd card that goes with those books and then use like a tablet or something and download all the maps prior to use and then you can have a better time and not be staring at a book lol

I say this from experience I have the California edition and my papa ended up having the sd card and it was a life saver, it also number matches the trails in the book too. worth every penny.
Thanks for the tip. A GPS is on my wishlist. I'll have to see if I can afford one as the date gets closer.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

heres the sd cards for each of the books you have

my buddy just uses a simple Samsung 7" tablet, can usually be had for about 80-130 bucks depending on where you get it.

Reactions: IanC83

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

I forgot to add that this would be a real first long trip camping from my vehicle so any other things that are highly recommended to have or tips to make this as trouble free as possible. I do need to drive this vehicle 2000 miles back home.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

No all vehicles are fine. Food raptor and Jeep went last weekend for example.
I will be at overland expo west on May 13th but if this groups meets for weekly outing then I will certainly take a look into it when am in the area.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

Am down to the last two weeks before my expo west month long trip. Am looking for any advice on things I must have with me to make my trip easier or more enjoyable. I will have my dog with me for this trip so any advice from others who have traveled in the desert with their dog.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

The day has arrived. I depart for my adventure with my dog tomorrow. I will be b-lining it straight to Denver and then maybe trailing in the area for a couple of days then off to expo west. Anybody in that area that want hit trails with me or if caravanning to expo west and are looking for another to join in am down.