TN to CO!

• HTML tutorial

monoclemonkey

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pleasant View, TN
Member #

After two years of wearing my dad down, we are going to Colorado from TN in OB#4444 next week.

We’re going to Westcliffe CO. And Denver for at least one night.

Leaving around 28th and returning by Jan 5 (Hard stop).

Any advice on places to checkout appreciated. Especially near Westcliffe since we’ll be there longer.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

This is a good easy scenic road that is in the maybe halfway between Denver and Westcliffe. Most of the trails are closed for the winter, I checked a couple of sites and neither say anything about being a seasonal road. Don't quote me as saying it's open but Do a Lil more digging yourself. My avatar was taken on this route over the summer. It a 2wd road but I could see parts being a Lil dicey in the snow. The northern part of the road is something like 9500 feet elevation.

http://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4329-phantom-canyon-road.html

http://www.goldbeltbyway.com/index.php/map-guide/phantom-canyon-road

Reactions: monoclemonkey

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Will you be coming through Arkansas? We have some good roads here that won’t take you too far off I -40 through the state. Let me know and I might be able to show you around.

Reactions: monoclemonkey

monoclemonkey

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pleasant View, TN
Member #

Will you be coming through Arkansas? We have some good roads here that won’t take you too far off I -40 through the state. Let me know and I might be able to show you around.
We’re going I-70, so no Arkansas this trip. I do have a couple of buddies I might be able to make a spring trip happen. I’ve read good stuff about Arkansas. I’d love to have someone that knows the area to help find some spots and share a fire with along the way.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

monoclemonkey

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pleasant View, TN
Member #

This is a good easy scenic road that is in the maybe halfway between Denver and Westcliffe. Most of the trails are closed for the winter, I checked a couple of sites and neither say anything about being a seasonal road. Don't quote me as saying it's open but Do a Lil more digging yourself. My avatar was taken on this route over the summer. It a 2wd road but I could see parts being a Lil dicey in the snow. The northern part of the road is something like 9500 feet elevation.

http://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/4329-phantom-canyon-road.html

http://www.goldbeltbyway.com/index.php/map-guide/phantom-canyon-road
These are great sites! Thank you!

Reactions: Zerobird

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

We’re going I-70, so no Arkansas this trip. I do have a couple of buddies I might be able to make a spring trip happen. I’ve read good stuff about Arkansas. I’d love to have someone that knows the area to help find some spots and share a fire with along the way.

Ive lived here all my life but Im still finding new areas and things every week. Its definitely a beautiful place. Would love to have you all and would also love to show you all around.

dump

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lebanon, TN
Member #

I'm headed to Overland West in Flagstaff in May from Nashville, TN. Have any good "free camping" spots say in the southern part of the Ozarks? Bayou Bluff, Moccasin Gap, Morgan Mt Deer Camps? Found these few on freecampsites.net and a few of them have a small charge.

Attachments

caswanson

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Flint Hills
One of the most scenic roads in Kansas is 8 miles off I-70, 30 minutes west of Topeka. Awesome veiws and only a short detour. Let me know if your interested. I will set up a map for you.

monoclemonkey

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pleasant View, TN
Member #

One of the most scenic roads in Kansas is 8 miles off I-70, 30 minutes west of Topeka. Awesome veiws and only a short detour. Let me know if your interested. I will set up a map for you.
I’m leaving tomorrow for another trip out that way. If you have time, I’d love to explore some Kansas.