Launch Member

Contributor III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Morreau
Member #

Hi OB, this is my first post I have a Cummins powered Titan XD and needing some shoes. I love the look of the Grabber X3 and the BFG KM3 however I am a little scared about the road noise. So I have tossed around Grabber ATx, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, KO2, ect. Can you give any advice for some tires? Thanks!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Cooper STT. Rotate every 5000 to keep noise down.

ST Maxx will be quieter.

Morreau

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Paducah, KY, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Morreau
Member #

Cooper STT. Rotate every 5000 to keep noise down.

ST Maxx will be quieter.
Thanks for your input! One of the concerns I have with any tire I choose is hauling, as I also have a 28ft travel trailer that I pull with the Titan. Do you have any experience with the two coopers you mentioned in that regard?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

What kind of driving do you do? Most of the dual purpose or mud tires are short on mileage. I like my KO2 but only get 40 to 45k from a set, the last Generals I had lasted a little less. I have a driveway queen that goes to Baja and the desert roads in CA and AZ. I don’t crawl but will drive over bowning ball sized rocks without a second thought.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
They should be excellent for towing. Make sure to select an e rated tire from their online list.

40-50k miles is fine by me. Long wear tires leave too much traction and performance on the table. I don't like getting stuck, and don't like weak stopping tires.