tires Atturo Trail Blade XT

• HTML tutorial

bhaskell

Rank 0

Traveler I

USA, FL
Wanted to write up a quick review of the Atturo Trail Blade XT tires. I purchased these in an LT285/70R-17 for my 2011 Nissan Xterra. These equate to a 33" tire and were mounted to stock 17" pathfinder wheels. This was the largest size I could fit without a major lift or other mods.

I recently came back from a 5 day off road trip across North Georgia and North Carolina. I was a bit unsure how these tires would hold up in the rougher and rockier terrain. To my delight, these tires did very well. We had some very wet and muddy trails and also lots of rocks to maneuver over and around. I ran the tires at 30 PSI and had very good flex out of the side walls. Really, no matter what the conditions, I never experienced much of the way of wheel spin. I ran much of these trails in 2WD without any issues. The very challenging and technical parts, I went right into 4WD Lo with my E-Lockers engaged. Since I was traveling solo, I wasn't interested in getting stuck and then unstuck. The two most challenging trails we ran were Tray Mountain Rd, GA and Hurricane Creek Rd, NC. Both were more challenging then I anticipated but traction wise I had no issues.

I'm sure if I would have run my old cooper AT tires I would have gotten stuck a few times. The side walls were drug over and along rocks with no damage.

Road driving, these tires are pretty darn quiet. I have Firestone Destination M/T on my tundra and the Atturo tires are much quieter. I won't say that you can't hear them or they are as quiet as my cooper AT tires, but very tolerable on a daily driver.

I would highly recommend giving these tires a try if you are looking for some cost effective alternatives and want good performance. I paid $630 shipped for 4 tires to my door. Add on another $100 for M&B and you have a full new set of AT/MT tires for under $800. I priced similar tires of name brand and this would easily cost me $1200 to $1400. I did some research on these tires before purchasing them and didn't find much in the way of detailed reviews. Most of the people were running mall crawler jeeps and pickups, nobody gave any real off road reports.

tanksndudes

Rank 0

Contributor I

PNW
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Lombard
I'm looking at this tire and there are basically no reviews except yours. So now that it has been a couple years, do you have any follow-up thoughts on these tires? How many miles have you put on them? How are they in rain? Snow? etc. etc. etc. Still happy? Thanks.