Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
mike
Last Name
orlando
Member #

IMG_1120.jpg IMG_1123.jpg IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1117.jpg HI Gang.. Mike fron Vegas here. Soooo I had this idea to build something a little different . Ive been fixing up my '14 Nissan Titan to take on the trail, and its been great, but of course everything I do to make it bette on the trail makes it a little less civilized on the street.

Enter this gem I found. So heres the Yeti. He's a 92 GMC k3500 . Now I can really build a proper overlander! muahahahah!!!!

Why Yeti? Well because its all white, its big, it's ugly, its slow, and honestly...it smells lol.

As it sits it has had a Big block transplant , along with a Th400 . I thought the Big block was a wheezer 454 like in my other 92, but someone was silly enough to install a 402 from a 69 Chevelle. Dont ask me why, but they also thought it was a good idea to put all the stock smog stuff from a 92 Big bock truck on it. So the poor thing has TBI, stock exh manifolds, etc..

We are lucky enough here in Vegas that I can register it as a Classic Rod and not have to worry about smog, so thats the road we are going.

Havent really decided what all Im going to so yet, but Ive got some cool ideas. Ill have to see what pops into mind after a few beers and stare at it for a few hours :)

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy P and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 42075 View attachment 42076 View attachment 42077 View attachment 42078 HI Gang.. Mike fron Vegas here. Soooo I had this idea to build something a little different . Ive been fixing up my '14 Nissan Titan to take on the trail, and its been great, but of course everything I do to make it bette on the trail makes it a little less civilized on the street.

Enter this gem I found. So heres the Yeti. He's a 92 GMC k3500 . Now I can really build a proper overlander! muahahahah!!!!

Why Yeti? Well because its all white, its big, it's ugly, its slow, and honestly...it smells lol.

As it sits it has had a Big block transplant , along with a Th400 . I thought the Big block was a wheezer 454 like in my other 92, but someone was silly enough to install a 402 from a 69 Chevelle. Dont ask me why, but they also thought it was a good idea to put all the stock smog stuff from a 92 Big bock truck on it. So the poor thing has TBI, stock exh manifolds, etc..

We are lucky enough here in Vegas that I can register it as a Classic Rod and not have to worry about smog, so thats the road we are going.

Havent really decided what all Im going to so yet, but Ive got some cool ideas. Ill have to see what pops into mind after a few beers and stare at it for a few hours :)

Wish me luck!

Look forward to seeing your build and adventures in the Yeti

Fabjunkie

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
mike
Last Name
orlando
Member #

Ok time for an update! So been working on the Yeti. Yanked the tbi and on went a holley/edelbrock intake and hei. But as luck would have it.... along came a deal i couldnt refuse. So off i went to buy this camper. Now ive got all the major building blocks. Time to start tearing it down so i can build it up!

Nice curtains huh? :)

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: vegasjeepguy