Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

If you are still in Morocco the roses des sables should be approaching the end of there race so might be worth checking out if you happen to be anywhere near them. Last I heard they were in Tazzarine we have come across them twice in our trip so far and it's quite a sight.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
If you are still in Morocco the roses des sables should be approaching the end of there race so might be worth checking out if you happen to be anywhere near them. Last I heard they were in Tazzarine we have come across them twice in our trip so far and it's quite a sight.
Sadly arrived back in Spain last Sunday.
Currently in UK getting passports to replace ones we had stolen in Barcelona.
Will return to our Landy in about a week or so

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

We are on the other side of Spain to you on our way back from Morocco. Waiting for some parts to arrive after my rear prop failed. We are still mobile but only 2WD and plan to hit the coast of Portugal on our way home.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
We
We are on the other side of Spain to you on our way back from Morocco. Waiting for some parts to arrive after my rear prop failed. We are still mobile but only 2WD and plan to hit the coast of Portugal on our way home.
We will be doing Portugal then Pyrenees before heading to Italy to spend winter if we can.
Not so good running 2wd, hope the parts arrive sharpish

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

If you can I would recommend a stop in Extremadura region on the border with Portugal it does mean you will miss or have to double back for the very south of Portugal but it's worth it. Plenty of history, great food, great weather.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
And sorry to hear about your problems in Barcelona haven't been there for a few years now and last time I was there I had a camera snatched.
Yes sadly common in Barcelona but we were robbed on the motorway, lesson learned though and neither of us hurt

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
If you can I would recommend a stop in Extremadura region on the border with Portugal it does mean you will miss or have to double back for the very south of Portugal but it's worth it. Plenty of history, great food, great weather.
We are based near Alicante so not a problem, we will start in south Portugal and head north

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: F4T XJ