TheBarefootFamily Daily/Trail Rig

• HTML tutorial
T

TheBarefootFamily

'Roddy' is a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L 4X4 w/factory rear diff locker, and has been with us since the earlier 2000's we picked her up for $2600, and immediately had to remove a rather useless and dismembered lift kit. Being as my wife was pregnant at the time. She sat in the stock configuration, until last year when I decided I wanted to replace the suspension with new parts and realized it was cheaper to lift than replace. So far I have installed a 3" Chevy torsion lift in front by replacing the torsion keys and bars, and a 3" Chevy based bastard pack in the rear via adding new a leaf into the stack after replacing, contemplating going SAS up front, axle flipping the rear and re-leafing it all around, I am also going to add a 3" body lift for a little more lift.
I have added 30.6x10.4R15 Rocky Mountains on factory steel rims, to add traction, and keep about the same fuel economy, 225/75R15 factory wheel size didn't do much on the trails. Getting ready to remove the intake system we originally bought from K&N after years of use it falling apart, but to install a cyclone snorkel intake I need to install the original air box.
We have a interest in picking up a winch but that won't be realized until I get my bumpers fabbed and installed. I am preferring to cradle or box the winch so that it will be easier to winch from the back if needed.
Until recently everything we need fit in the vehicle with us and the 3 daughters, but then we got a Great Pyrenees named Mortdecai and that ended smooth sailing and easy weekend runs. I am planning on custom build front and rear bumpers with lift points and increasing the coverage area of the skid plates and adding rock sliders. We use Motorola for the comms, and considering we have pretty good signal in Colorado we will probably add something to bolster later on this year. Entertainment is provided for the daughters by 3-7" android tablets and all the music they can stand, LOL, forced decision after our last rode trip to Mt. Stanley near Hoosier Pass. Well I got a good start, will keep you all posted on any changes, I make this year. The pic is from a recent visit to our local OHV park, at the Penrose Commons, home to the Independence trail system.

Attachments

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome aboard, @CBerkenbile

We look forward to read more about your adventures and you've gotta post pics of that dog! One of my favorite breeds.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome to the forum. Must be great to live in an area that offers so much for exploration. If I could, I'd move to Colorado in a heartbeat.

TheBarefootFamily

Rank VII

Trail Mechanic III

Pueblo, Pueblo County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Berkenbile
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Repost after the forum data issue. Thanks for the understanding everyone.

'Roddy' is a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2L 4X4 w/factory rear diff locker, and has been with us since the earlier 2000's we picked her up for $2600, and immediately had to remove a rather useless and dismembered lift kit. Being as my wife was pregnant at the time. She sat in the stock configuration, until last year when I decided I wanted to replace the suspension with new parts and realized it was cheaper to lift than replace. So far I have installed a 3" Chevy torsion lift in front by replacing the torsion keys and bars, and a 3" Chevy based bastard pack in the rear via adding new a leaf into the stack after replacing, contemplating going SAS up front, axle flipping the rear and re-leafing it all around, I am also going to add a 3" body lift for a little more lift.
I have added 30.6x10.4R15 Rocky Mountains on factory steel rims, to add traction, and keep about the same fuel economy, 225/75R15 factory wheel size didn't do much on the trails. Getting ready to remove the intake system we originally bought from K&N after years of use it falling apart, but to install a cyclone snorkel intake I need to install the original air box.
We have a interest in picking up a winch but that won't be realized until I get my bumpers fabbed and installed. I am preferring to cradle or box the winch so that it will be easier to winch from the back if needed.
Until recently everything we need fit in the vehicle with us and the 3 daughters, but then we got a Great Pyrenees named Mortdecai and that ended smooth sailing and easy weekend runs. I am planning on custom build front and rear bumpers with lift points and increasing the coverage area of the skid plates and adding rock sliders. We use Motorola for the comms, and considering we have pretty good signal in Colorado we will probably add something to bolster later on this year. Entertainment is provided for the daughters by 3-7" android tablets and all the music they can stand, LOL, forced decision after our last rode trip to Mt. Stanley near Hoosier Pass. Well I got a good start, will keep you all posted on any changes, I make this year. The pic is from a recent visit to our local OHV park, at the Penrose Commons, home to the Independence trail system.

Attachments