The time has come! WJ build.

• HTML tutorial

Fsdmoore

Rank 0

Contributor I

Long time listener, first time poster...

Iv never been a fan of posting on forums but Iv always enjoyed the useful information that could be had from reading the forums.

So I figured it was my turn to post as I am begging a new journey. Out with the old..... In with the new...

Reactions: Chadlyb

Fsdmoore

Rank 0

Contributor I

For the past 5 years I have daily driven, overlanded, camped, towed and loved my 07 ranger.
IMG_6589.JPGIMG_6590.JPGIMG_6529.JPG
but now I’m onto a new project.... which a project she is.

Just picked up a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland for $1000. Complete with blown motor, spilled milk, grease stains and about 1500 black widow spiders. I meant to take pictures of how she was found but couldn’t wait to clean her up.
IMG_6858.JPGIMG_6859.JPGIMG_6861.JPGIMG_6862.JPGIMG_6867.JPGIMG_6866.JPG

I guess she cleaned up rather nicely.

My best friend owns a company called Jeeptricks. He specializes in building race cars and fab work for all cars but mostly jeeps. He had a 4.7 v8 crate engine sitting in the shop that needed a home so I found the cheapest home for it. I’ll be addressing the motor the next few days I have off.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

For the past 5 years I have daily driven, overlanded, camped, towed and loved my 07 ranger.
View attachment 71686View attachment 71687View attachment 71688

Just picked up a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland for $1000. Complete with blown motor, spilled milk, grease stains and about 1500 black widow spiders. I meant to take pictures of how she was found but couldn’t wait to clean her up.
View attachment 71689View attachment 71690View attachment 71691View attachment 71692View attachment 71693View attachment 71694

My best friend owns a company called Jeeptricks. He specializes in building race cars and fab work for all cars but mostly jeeps. He had a 4.7 v8 crate engine sitting in the shop that needed a home so I found the cheapest home for it. I’ll be addressing the motor the next few days I have off.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking rigs . The Jeep cleaned up nicely. Looking forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 71686View attachment 71687View attachment 71688

View attachment 71689View attachment 71690View attachment 71691View attachment 71692View attachment 71693View attachment 71694

Very cool! look forward to seeing the progress.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

If you ever want to throw a cage in it. I have all the specs on bends and what not!
LOL! That is a little more intense than the direction I am going. I daily mine rig currently! That backseat is already difficult for passengers to get in and out of.. and I have a drawer system idea in mind to start this winter. I'm not sure I would even be able to integrate a cage in it.

Fsdmoore

Rank 0

Contributor I

LOL! That is a little more intense than the direction I am going. I daily mine rig currently! That backseat is already difficult for passengers to get in and out of.. and I have a drawer system idea in mind to start this winter. I'm not sure I would even be able to integrate a cage in it.
Haha I get that. Mine won’t have a cage either. The one I pictured is a second wj race car build. Building this one is what made me fall in love with the wj.

Fsdmoore

Rank 0

Contributor I

I’m waiting on parts for the engine before I can put it in the Jeepy, so I decided to make up a quick something to keep busy.
IMG_6894.JPGIMG_6893.JPGIMG_6895.JPG

The switches I put in are just some that we had laying around the shop. Eventually I’ll get it wired up for lockers and onboard air.