The South Bay Area Monthly (?) Meets, Next Up: 04/21 San Jose Bass Pro

• HTML tutorial

Which day of the week would you prefer a meet-up?

• Sunday

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Monday

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

See Post #2 for details on upcoming meet.

Well I'm proud to report that we had 16 rigs show up to the last San Jose meet on 3/16 at The Plant. There may have been more but I stopped counting at 16. Anyways, I think there's clearly enough participants and interest to warrant our own thread.

The Whens: The idea for the first few meets is to find a sweet spot that can net the most participants. To that end, the first meet was on a Friday, this next one will be a Saturday, we may do a Monday after that. Will it always stay that way? No. This is the Bay Area, not everybody works 9-5 M-F, this will give everybody a chance to come out for at least a couple of meets during the year no matter their schedule. Are we going to do this monthly, every other month, I don't know. If people continue to show up we'll do it monthly, scale it back as numbers drop off. I know in the warmer months people would rather be out and about on the weekends so we'll adjust accordingly.

The Wheres:
This will not always be a San Jose-thing. As far as I'm concerned everything south of Palo Alto/Milpitas to Watsonville/Hollister is "South Bay" and fair game. And it can't always be me putting these things together, I just took it upon myself to organize these first few because I didn't see anything happening in the South Bay. If you want to do something in your neck of the woods, pick the date, scout the location, write something up so I can edit Post #2. To me the ideal meetup spot is an empty parking lot with food/drink options within walking distance. I personally want to eyeball people's rigs and shake hands, holding these things inside a brewery or restaurant sort of defeats the purpose and splits the group, and then you run the risk of trying to chat people up who don't have anything to do with the group... awkward.

ScorpioVI

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

San Jose, CA
Member #

This space reserved for details on the upcoming meet.

What? Meet-Up with fellow overlanders.

When? 04/21/2018, 7PM onwards

Where? San Jose, Bass Pro Parking Lot,
Address: 5160 Cherry Ave, San Jose, CA 95118
Option A is the parking lot closest to Starbucks. This lot has always been empty the last few times I've been here so if this is empty that day we'll occupy it. If it's full or there's too much going on here, we'll do Option B.

How? DBAA and Leave No Trace! The last meet went superbly, everybody was friendly, open, and inclusive. Let's keep it that way! We want to be the cool kids that everybody wants in their parking lot, not the group they call the cops on.

Places:

Starbucks
Noodles & Co
Firehouse Subs
Panera Bread
Rubio's Grill
Smoke Eaters
The Habit Burger

Last edited: