louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
In the last thread, we paid homage to the World's Most Perfect Food...SPAM. Now its time to pay tribute to the second most perfect food, the CHEEZ-IT. Yes, that little orange cheese cracker that is a hit among young and old alike. Invented in 1921, the tasty little cracker has been around for decades and has filled many a lunchbox and vending machine boasting nearly 50 different styles and flavors. What makes the CHEEZ-IT so perfect? Well...everything. They are small and easy to pack, taste phenomenal and goes great with beer. (the litmus test for any snack) CHEEZ-ITs are so good in fact, that they can even make a bologna sandwich taste good merely by being eaten with it.
Going on a hike and need a snack? CHEEZ-IT.
Need something of more substance? Put some peanut butter on a CHEEZ-IT. BAM! Ultimate snack.
Kids are complaining they haven't eaten in 2 days? CHEEZ-IT. BAM! Happy quiet kids.
Wife complaining to pull over for a pee break? CHEEZ-IT. BAM! Happy distracted wife.

CHEEZ-ITs are the ultimate snack food... no refrigeration, no cooking, no hassle. What other snack food can be under a couch cushion for months and still taste as good as the day it came out of the box? Exactly! And that is why wherever I go, CHEEZ-ITs go with me. So raise your can of Natural Light in a toast to the second most perfect food!

th.jpg

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I have to argue. I LOVE Spam but what about bacon?
Bacon? CHEEZ-ITs got ya covered!!! And you don't even need a frying pan... I told ya they're perfect!

cheezitduobacon-01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Patriot

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Bacon is one of those meats that goes with anything!! Bacon wrapped what?!? The possibilitys!! I know there are bacon flavored chees-its. Have seen bacon flavored pringles

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Bacon is one of those meats that goes with anything!! Bacon wrapped what?!? The possibilitys!! I know there are bacon flavored chees-its. Have seen bacon flavored pringles
How about maple candied bacon dipped in dark chocolate? A fancier version of this is maple candied bacon ROSES dipped in chocolate.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Been there bought the t shirt.. id go back and get the ball cap! Think breakfast meat tastes way better smothered in maple syrup

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I used to be addicted to cheezits. But im anti gmo and theyre packed full of them. Also recently gone gluten free.
Amazing what you will find on a box of Cheez-it Crackers, page 1 < i cant find the original news article, but i wont touch that stuff ever again.
What the hell??? All these years eating these and I never read the ingredients, I just assumed the color came from the cheese. Yellow #5 is used and it is a derivitive from coal tar! That's fricking nuts! I'm really starting to wonder about all the health issues out there and the food we're eating now. If crap like that is in a simple cracker, I can't imagine what other stuff has in it.

Last edited:

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

You do realize ALL highly processed foods are like that - right? Example: Fed regs allow "X" amount of rodent droppings and hair per "X" amount of boxed mac-n-cheese.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

What the hell??? All these years eating these and I never read the ingredients, I just assumed the color came from the cheese. Yellow #5 is used and it is a derivitive from coal tar! That's fricking nuts! I'm really starting to wonder about all the health issues out there and the food we're eating now. If crap like that is in a simple cracker, I can't imagine what other stuff has in it.
Dont get me started. No processed foods ever again.

Reactions: Aaron Niemi

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

So Moonpie is a huge hit in my book! That’s something that dang sure not good for you but sooooo good! Pretty sure it deserves its own column. Just gonna leave this here! IMG_5454.JPG

Reactions: grubworm

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

Kids are complaining they haven't eaten in 2 days? CHEEZ-IT. BAM! Happy quiet kids.
Wife complaining to pull over for a pee break? CHEEZ-IT. BAM! Happy distracted wife.
But doesn’t that dent the CHEESE-IT box and leave them all crumbled?

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
All those preservatives are my plan for longevity.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
All those preservatives are my plan for longevity.
Ha! No shit! We won't even need embalming fluid when we die...
I read an article years ago where scientists went to land fills and took core samples and found hot dogs over 20yrs old that hadn't decayed because of all the additives. While that's messed up, its also kind of impressive. If they can make a weenie last 20 yrs, I'm sure they can make other things last as well. How about a washing machine that lasts more than a few years...?

Reactions: rgk401

greydog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexcio
First Name
Hugh
Last Name
Bryce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA5KLX
I think that cheese crackers of most any type make sandwich better especially if they are in the sandwich. But I have to say bacon my second pick . At my age having drank from the garden hose and rode my bike all over Albuquerque without a helmet and have consumed some strange things I can't worry about goofy things added to my snacks. Like I told my wife when it's my time to go haul me to the mountains with a sack of bologna sand wichs and sit me under a tree I will be just fine GMOs and all.