Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hanover,Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cerutti
Member #

Hey everyone! I figured I'd post a trip myself and a few buddies are planing for this coming July.

After doing a scouting run on some logging roads north of Sault Ste. Marie last year I decided I really need to spend some time traveling the back country of algoma. After month of reading through the backroads map books, local forums and pervious trip reports from the area I stated planning. I figured this would be a good time to hit up the old nipissing road and the portelance road. My goal was to stay on gravel for the majority of the route, happy to say I've managed to achieve this.

The main route stretches from magnetawan to the Montreal River totalling just over 1000km. I'm planning on doing this part over 3-4 days giving us plenty of time to explore and take in the beauty along the way.
IMG_0950.JPG

Once we get to the Lake Superior section of the trip that I scouted out last year I'm hopping to spend sometime at these sweet campsites I found.
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0901.JPG

A few of the areas I'm planning on exploring over the next 4-5 days are;
-tribag mine (an old gold mine)
-mamesie harbour (an abandoned Indian/British copper mine dateing back to the 1600s)
-griffin lake peak and batchawana mountain (2 of Ontarios highest points)
-the Montreal river and falls
-and whatever else lays of the 300ish km of logging roads we will be traveling.

Last edited:

Ontario Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hanover,Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cerutti
Member #

i happened to have booked off the 7th to the 16th, got any room for folks to tag along?
Thanks for your interest @Andrew24, we are we are planning on starting the trip on July 3rd so by the 7th we should be up around the Montreal river and looking to explore around there for a few days. If your serious about meeting up there's defiantly room.

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

Thanks for your interest @Andrew24, we are we are planning on starting the trip on July 3rd so by the 7th we should be up around the Montreal river and looking to explore around there for a few days. If your serious about meeting up there's defiantly room.
most certainly serious, seems like a great time. ill let you know for sure as it gets closer ill stay in touch

i remember flying over that area 2 summers ago doing my CPL 300nm xcountry buttonville-north bay- elliot lake- wawa- the soo- and directly back to buttonville. anyway the stretch between YEL-YXZ and YAM i remember the amount of roads i saw just in the middle of no where. really peaked my interest

Ontario Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hanover,Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Cerutti
Member #

Welp...I forgot to post stuff here :persevere:

First off the trip went great, we end up covering almost 3000km during our 8day trek. Almost 1800km of that was gravel.

I have released to first 2 episodes on YouTube, currently workings on the 3rd. I regret not useing my drone more.

Reactions: XJackal