Texas

• HTML tutorial

XTrekker

Rank 0

Contributor I

New to the forums. Well new to posting at least. I look forward to being part of this community and sharing my experiences. I just bought my starter vehicle for overlanding. 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 crewmax. I know it's not a jeep, taco, or 4runner but after all my research and my needs, it was the best choice for me and my family. The taco would not work for me due to the seats. Just didnt find them comfortable on the test drives. I need comfort on the long road trips for me and a family of 5. I also need a truck for hauling dimensional lumber for my woodworking projects so the 4runner was out. This will ultimately limit the trails I can take and I'm ok with that. I cant wait to just get out there. Dont have the proper gear yet but I was a avid backpacker when I lived in VA and would backpack the Appalachian trail frequently so some of that gear will work for now. I can handle not having a rooftop tent or fridge just fine in the meantime. But do plan to get them in the future. Just need to find a fridge low enough to fit under a tonneau cover. <19 inches.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Central Texas. We are also a family of five, but the two oldest are now out if school and working, so no longer take trips with us. When we did all go, we had an F150 because it met all our needs at the time. Sounds like you made the right choice for your needs and that's what counts.

Last edited:

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. If the Tundra works for you, it's the right vehicle. :-)

Reactions: XTrekker

Tres

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, TX, USA
First Name
Tres
Last Name
Sisson
Member #

New to the forums. Well new to posting at least. I look forward to being part of this community and sharing my experiences. I just bought my starter vehicle for overlanding. 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 crewmax. I know it's not a jeep, taco, or 4runner but after all my research and my needs, it was the best choice for me and my family. The taco would not work for me due to the seats. Just didnt find them comfortable on the test drives. I need comfort on the long road trips for me and a family of 5. I also need a truck for hauling dimensional lumber for my woodworking projects so the 4runner was out. This will ultimately limit the trails I can take and I'm ok with that. I cant wait to just get out there. Dont have the proper gear yet but I was a avid backpacker when I lived in VA and would backpack the Appalachian trail frequently so some of that gear will work for now. I can handle not having a rooftop tent or fridge just fine in the meantime. But do plan to get them in the future. Just need to find a fridge low enough to fit under a tonneau cover. <19 inches.
Welcome to a fellow Texan! I'm just east of Dallas.

Reactions: XTrekker

Arcbulldog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, TX, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Clennell
Member #

i see your in Dallas would you be interested in trying to get a few DFW members together?

Tres

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, TX, USA
First Name
Tres
Last Name
Sisson
Member #

i see your in Dallas would you be interested in trying to get a few DFW members together?
I am just east of Dallas. I searched some other forums and looks like some of the Dallas people do occasionally meet up. However, they seem to be going way up by Frisco and stuff. Tough for me to go all the way across the metroplex on a weeknight in rush hour traffic. (in the bronco) lol.
I would love to meet some guys and maybe ride some trails and stuff. Looks like there is a cool trail place in Gilmer near Canton.

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound from Missouri! There are a lot of ideas and good information abound! As long as it gets you to and from safely any rig is an Overlander at heart!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!