Texas

• Guest, You can choose a light or dark theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" botton at the very bottom left of this page!

XTrekker

Rank 0

Contributor I

New to the forums. Well new to posting at least. I look forward to being part of this community and sharing my experiences. I just bought my starter vehicle for overlanding. 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 crewmax. I know it's not a jeep, taco, or 4runner but after all my research and my needs, it was the best choice for me and my family. The taco would not work for me due to the seats. Just didnt find them comfortable on the test drives. I need comfort on the long road trips for me and a family of 5. I also need a truck for hauling dimensional lumber for my woodworking projects so the 4runner was out. This will ultimately limit the trails I can take and I'm ok with that. I cant wait to just get out there. Dont have the proper gear yet but I was a avid backpacker when I lived in VA and would backpack the Appalachian trail frequently so some of that gear will work for now. I can handle not having a rooftop tent or fridge just fine in the meantime. But do plan to get them in the future. Just need to find a fridge low enough to fit under a tonneau cover. <19 inches.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Roots66

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Welcome from Central Texas. We are also a family of five, but the two oldest are now out if school and working, so no longer take trips with us. When we did all go, we had an F150 because it met all our needs at the time. Sounds like you made the right choice for your needs and that's what counts.

Last edited:

Tres

Rank II

Contributor II

Terrell, TX, USA
Member #

New to the forums. Well new to posting at least. I look forward to being part of this community and sharing my experiences. I just bought my starter vehicle for overlanding. 2015 Toyota Tundra 1794 crewmax. I know it's not a jeep, taco, or 4runner but after all my research and my needs, it was the best choice for me and my family. The taco would not work for me due to the seats. Just didnt find them comfortable on the test drives. I need comfort on the long road trips for me and a family of 5. I also need a truck for hauling dimensional lumber for my woodworking projects so the 4runner was out. This will ultimately limit the trails I can take and I'm ok with that. I cant wait to just get out there. Dont have the proper gear yet but I was a avid backpacker when I lived in VA and would backpack the Appalachian trail frequently so some of that gear will work for now. I can handle not having a rooftop tent or fridge just fine in the meantime. But do plan to get them in the future. Just need to find a fridge low enough to fit under a tonneau cover. <19 inches.
Welcome to a fellow Texan! I'm just east of Dallas.

Reactions: XTrekker

Arcbulldog

Rank I

Contributor I

McKinney, TX, USA
Member #

i see your in Dallas would you be interested in trying to get a few DFW members together?

Tres

Rank II

Contributor II

Terrell, TX, USA
Member #

i see your in Dallas would you be interested in trying to get a few DFW members together?
I am just east of Dallas. I searched some other forums and looks like some of the Dallas people do occasionally meet up. However, they seem to be going way up by Frisco and stuff. Tough for me to go all the way across the metroplex on a weeknight in rush hour traffic. (in the bronco) lol.
I would love to meet some guys and maybe ride some trails and stuff. Looks like there is a cool trail place in Gilmer near Canton.

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Benefactor

Influencer I

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!