Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Starting here for a couple of days... then I'll create a new thread if needed. Anyone want to start planning a couple day Big Bend trip after the weather breaks? maybe mid September? have been watching and researching after JJ mentioned it.
Sounds like fun

Reactions: darrenc

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Starting here for a couple of days... then I'll create a new thread if needed. Anyone want to start planning a couple day Big Bend trip after the weather breaks? maybe mid September? have been watching and researching after JJ mentioned it.
I was just talking about Big Bend today its like your reading my mind lol

Reactions: darrenc

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

Seriously, besides Labor Day ... we just need a couple days notice and are close to the most flexible. I have a car show over labor day other then that someone shout out a date. I think anything before the end of the second week in sept would be too hot but as we learned on this hill country tour, the A/c works great in the truck :)

Reactions: DoggMan1163

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

I would go, but have a 2 week trip planned in September, maybe 1st quarter 2020 for me

StoneyJeanz

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Little
Member #

Are we all going to meet up @ the TX Overland Expo?

I camped on the big tree on the top of the hill last year, big space and cooler breeze!

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
Looks like I got to the game late for this one. I have minium gear as well but I would really like to do this the next go round! Or if Not, I'm very familiar with the Hill Country, so is there a route / map of this that I might be able to do solo should I find some free time?

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Looks like I got to the game late for this one. I have minium gear as well but I would really like to do this the next go round! Or if Not, I'm very familiar with the Hill Country, so is there a route / map of this that I might be able to do solo should I find some free time?
Let me know a couple weeks in advance and I'll take off work and go with you I was gonna go last time but my wife was hospitalized at the last minute

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
Let me know a couple weeks in advance and I'll take off work and go with you I was gonna go last time but my wife was hospitalized at the last minute
I'm so sorry to hear that! As far as planning goes, I'm pretty open. As a newbie I'm more okay with someone else planning a time and date and going with it.

As far as this route goes, I'm not entirely sure what roads it goes over, but I would like to know!