Rank 0

Contributor II

La Vergne, TN, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Pickens
Hello all,
We moved to TN (Nashville area) just about a year and a half ago. Just now getting into Overlanding and looking for good areas to start getting out there
We own a non-built-up jeep (but changing all of the time).

Moebius01

Rank V
Expedition

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Seems Land Between The Lakes is a good area to explore so far. I've only gone once to date, but planning on a few more trips in the coming weeks. The roads run the gamut from nicely graded gravel to some you wouldn't want to do unless you're equipped for self-recovery, or have some help along. Plus they have an OHV park if you want to test the heavier stuff.

P_SquaredTravels

Rank II
Adventure

Contributor III

Trenton, Gibson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
PaulandVonna
Last Name
Pauls
Member #

We're in the little town of Trenton, TN here. We've been lifelong campers and started having off road fun in 2017. Hot Springs ORV park is one of our favorites as well as LBL. We've gotten more into the overlanding side over the past year or so and definitely enjoy it.

TCorona

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Corona
Member #

Hey there...
My Uncle recently moved to the Dickson TN area, from California to escape the drought, wildfires, cost of living, etc., ...
I'll be headin out there around September to checkup on him/visit, what can we expect that time of year in that country?
About the end of August we'll head East, stopping off in Colorado to visit family/explore the Central Colorado NF for old mining towns, then continue East to Oklahoma City area for more family visits, and then head to Dickson from there, with stops at Lake of the Ozarks/Branson.
So we'll probably be in Tennessee around mid-Sept early October...
Thanks

John and Mandi

Rank IV

World Traveler III

Mountain City, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
New to the group and will be moving to outside Mountain City this weekend. We just pulled off the road after 7 years. The first four were Alaska to Argentina, the last three bumbling around the US and Mexico. We love the Appalachians so since we’re rejoining regular society we figure there was no better time than now.

Moebius01

Rank V
Expedition

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Hey there...
My Uncle recently moved to the Dickson TN area, from California to escape the drought, wildfires, cost of living, etc., ...
I'll be headin out there around September to checkup on him/visit, what can we expect that time of year in that country?
About the end of August we'll head East, stopping off in Colorado to visit family/explore the Central Colorado NF for old mining towns, then continue East to Oklahoma City area for more family visits, and then head to Dickson from there, with stops at Lake of the Ozarks/Branson.
So we'll probably be in Tennessee around mid-Sept early October...
Thanks
By that point, semi-decent weather (as far as this area of the country is concerned). Unfortunately, it's still unpredictable in the grand scheme where some Septembers and Octobers are pretty hot and humid, and others would fool one in to thinking it's actually Autumn.

Reactions: TCorona

TN_Cactus

Rank II
Adventure

Contributor II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Chappell
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hi all, south of Nashville here. Just got back from a nice trip out west to Arizona and Utah. Was absolutely fantastic. Going to Do more camping/hiking this year if anyone is getting out there. say hi.