Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Team Overland is hosting a 4x4 truck show in Medford, OR this Sunday, September 24th, anyone going?

I've emailed back and forth with Matt and was thinking of making a blast down to support the efforts and find out more about Team Overland. Seems they use Overlanding trips to help Vets dealing with injuries and other issues. This is from their website...

"Team Overland is a newly founded nonprofit organization, based in Southern Oregon, that uses outdoor adventures as an outlet to overcome challenges associated with combat related Post Traumatic Stress and to help facilitate veteran’s reintegration into civilian society."

Project Healing Waters uses fly fishing outings in the same way and I have worked with that group for several years. I was contemplating making the run to Medford early Sunday morning to see if my skill set would be of any value to their program and find out more about what they do. Of course that means I might have to scrape some of the dirt off the 4runner from this weeks trip to the Deschutes and make her all pretty....and then there's a few Steelhead in the North Umpqua I should visit on the way home...

Looks like the show is to benefit a local food bank. Here's more info.

Convoy? Meet up?