Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
EdamdKim
Last Name
Simonz
Member #

This rig has made it possible for us (Ed and Kim) to make new friends, do things for charity using the rig, do things offroad we never imagined possible, and spend time together with my wife doing something we both love. About to embark on our first long round-trip journey from Dallas to the Smokey Mts, and then on up to VA for the holidays, and back! Will be hunting the forums and the user map for some useful trail, and campsite info along the way.

Special thanks to Tandem Offroad, a very trustworthy shop down in the Ft. Worth area. They helped me recently find a solution to getting rid of the 4" block in the rear from our 6" BDS Coilover lift that has fox shocks. With upgraded springs, a shackle flip, u-bolt flip, and a custom bump stop they succeeded in nearly eliminating axle wrap, keeping ride height the same, and no more block! Rides so much nicer too! We put in on their flex ramp and saw 24" of flex too, with a sway bar attached no less! Hopefully, some of the pictures upload ok from that recent upgrade. Such a great bunch of guys, and I really appreciate that they let me watch every step of the process, as they are also a lot of fun to hang out with. They have taught me a lot already, and I won't go anywhere else as long as they are an option! They specialize in nothing but Toyota, they wheel hard and work hard. They are as conscientious with my truck as I would be wrenching on it, and I just love that!

Thanks to PapaDave for the latest inspiration to improve our build. 2 years in the making so far and it finally gets where we want it to be! But does the list ever end? I love tinkering on this truck and working in my garage almost as much as I love a good campsite! @talontoyota on IG and Talon the Toyota on YouTube Dallas, TX

Thanks to the warm and welcoming family of choice here that we are proud to be part of!

Here are some of our specs:

Mobtown Offroad bolt on Rock Sliders
Spray on Bedliner all around with custom graphics
"Fabfours" bumpers
Blackoak light bar and pods all around
6" BDS Coilover lift
Dakar HD leaf springs in the rear with a shackle flip and u bolt flip w/custom bump stops
SPC UCA's
Fox Shocks all around
KBvoodoo bed rack
DiamondBack HD Tonneau Cover
35" x 12.5 x 18 Toyo OC MT
18" Fuel D551 Wheels w locking lugs
sPOD SE
Genesis Offroad Dual Battery setup with dual redtops
Custom Grille
Alpine stereo with on-demand front and rear cameras - apple & android can play
Rigid rock lights
LED light upgrades all around