Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

Interesting concept design here. It is on sale right now for 299.99$. Any users out there able to provide feedback?

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

These kind of things have been around forever. What are YOUR expectations? What do you want to do with it? It might work great at a So Cal beach, but not so much in BFE.

Reactions: DMS1

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

These kind of things have been around forever. What are YOUR expectations? What do you want to do with it? It might work great at a So Cal beach, but not so much in BFE.
Why not in BFE. Looks like it would work wherever your vehicle goes.

Reactions: MMc

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Because when I am out there, I have a problem when my gear fails. I don’t have much faith for these kind of things, they tend to be made to be used a couple of times. IMO

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Because when I am out there, I have a problem when my gear fails. I don’t have much faith for these kind of things, they tend to be made to be used a couple of times. IMO
Ah ok. I've seen name brand and high end stuff fail, so I'd say that goes with most things. I try and have a back up plan, ie, sleeping in the truck haha.

I saw this as basically a way to keep mosquitoes and the sun off of you, like an EZ up. So was curious about your thoughts.

DharmaBum

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Sniezak
Member #

I have zero expectations. More curious about their successes and failures. I’m new to this concept so just trying to get an understanding of their limitations and optimal uses.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Do what you want, we live in different places and have different needs. I have found that stuff that is trying to be many things usually doesn’t do any well. There some great bug tents out there I believe. I don’t own any as I live and camp mostly in a desert or on the ocean. I use a swap meet awning instead of a EZ-up as I have watched so many collapse in a moderate wind. I have a buddy that uses a big Spring Bar to cook and live out of. It’s not for me. I tend to purchase what I think will do what I want and will last a long time, good value is more important than price. I am just a crusty FOP that try’s not to get set in my old ways. There is so much cool stuff being developed these days, good time to be alive.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Doesn't look like it seals well around the vehicle, though with some figuring and rigging, perhaps. To be honest, it looks too noodly to me to use regularly.

Reactions: DharmaBum