Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Sim
Member #

I own a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road which will be my overland vehicle and everyday driver. I am working with a fabricator to design a completely detachable system that i can just raise and lower onto my rig via a pulley system in the garage. My main concern is my suspension. I am looking to use 33" Hybrid/All-Terrain tires and addimg at least 3" of lift. My concern is what will happen when i remove ALL my gear from the truck bed, will my bed shoot up very little or will i be be raking the cement. BTW i have leaf springs in the rear and coil in the front. I would like to keep my leafs in the rear if possible. What suspension/gear will i need?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Reactions: untraversed

untraversed

Rank V

Enthusiast I

Julian, Guilford County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Service Branch
Army & Air Force
I own a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road which will be my overland vehicle and everyday driver. I am working with a fabricator to design a completely detachable system that i can just raise and lower onto my rig via a pulley system in the garage. My main concern is my suspension. I am looking to use 33" Hybrid/All-Terrain tires and addimg at least 3" of lift. My concern is what will happen when i remove ALL my gear from the truck bed, will my bed shoot up very little or will i be be raking the cement. BTW i have leaf springs in the rear and coil in the front. I would like to keep my leafs in the rear if possible. What suspension/gear will i need?

Thank you for taking the time to read this
I have a 2018 Trd Off-road as well, and I've been talking with Headstrong Offroad for advice on my suspension upgrade. I'd highly recommend them for advice and any parts you might need. They're super knowledgeable and helpful!
This link might answer some of your questions as well