Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

Hey guys,
I was scrolling through social media and I came across a Tacoma tailgate replacement. The company is called Mountain Hatch. They sell flat tailgate inserts, pretty much. I was wondering if any of y'all have tried it out and whether or not it's worth it. They claim it doubles as a cutting board that's bacteria rated or something. I just could find a post on here or YouTube reviewing it. I'd love to hear both sides of this product.
Thanks!

Berkshires

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

I had never heard of them, but went to their website and cannot understand how they charge $220 for a piece of plastic. I bought some carpet for the tailgate for $40 - which is over priced - and use a cutting board on it for food prep. If it were $50 I’d say go for it, but not at the price they are asking.

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

I had never heard of them, but went to their website and cannot understand how they charge $220 for a piece of plastic. I bought some carpet for the tailgate for $40 - which is over priced - and use a cutting board on it for food prep. If it were $50 I’d say go for it, but not at the price they are asking.
I thought the same thing. That’s why I figured I’d ask if anyone with it had some reasoning for its worth.

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
Never heard of that company, but a lot of Tacoma guys over at Tacomworld use Mobtown Offroad they make a metal one, that reinforces the tail gate. http://mobtownoffroad.com/product/tailgate-skin/
The plastic would benefit in making the tailgate lighter.

Think you are paying more with Mountain Hatch because they are probably the only ones who make a plastic one.