Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Really love this build. Watched the video on Youtube for it. Hoping to try to make something similar, but out of 100% wood to save on cost. that extruded aluminum is $ when you add it all up!
You are correct that the cost of 80/20 adds up fast. For what it’s worth this is what I did on my first drawer, feel free to use any ideas that help with your build. I’d love to see your solution when you are done!

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Build something that solves your problems while out camping and she will be :D
Yes more then likely going to build a small trailer and put pull outs like what is in your truck on the sides. interior sleeping and the biggest thing is heat for her. Has to be warm, which as I get older I would have to completely agree. I am looking at building a smaller pull out kitchen like yours for weekend trips with kids and to keep permanently in the suv. Only have 28Lx20W for that.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Yes more then likely going to build a small trailer and put pull outs like what is in your truck on the sides. interior sleeping and the biggest thing is heat for her. Has to be warm, which as I get older I would have to completely agree. I am looking at building a smaller pull out kitchen like yours for weekend trips with kids and to keep permanently in the suv. Only have 28Lx20W for that.
Sounds like a good plan

Contributor III

Vancouver Canada
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Dyck
Wow. I just ran into the video this week and have watched it several times. Love it. Appreciate your willingness to share all this information on line. Amazing job. Wish you the very best in setting up as a business.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Wow. I just ran into the video this week and have watched it several times. Love it. Appreciate your willingness to share all this information on line. Amazing job. Wish you the very best in setting up as a business.
Thanks! We just secured our spot for Overland Expo West, so we will see how it goes and we are pretty excited.

Last edited:

xx0505xx

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Young
Last Name
Oh
Wow this is definitely one of the best setups i've ever seen. It inspires me to make a similar build on my own but much smaller since i have to put it inside the trunk of a jeep wrangler. Any idea approximately how much you spent on raw parts? and how many hours you spent building it?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Wow this is definitely one of the best setups i've ever seen. It inspires me to make a similar build on my own but much smaller since i have to put it inside the trunk of a jeep wrangler. Any idea approximately how much you spent on raw parts? and how many hours you spent building it?
Hours? Wow so many! My family was like “come on already!” Cost, about $1000 for the aluminum, then sliders are about $400 for the 2 sets, HDPE was around $100, and the HOB has gone up to about $500 or so. Was cheaper, maybe the tariffs have affected the price

xx0505xx

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Young
Last Name
Oh
Hours? Wow so many! My family was like “come on already!” Cost, about $1000 for the aluminum, then sliders are about $400 for the 2 sets, HDPE was around $100, and the HOB has gone up to about $500 or so. Was cheaper, maybe the tariffs have affected the price
ooo... if you do decide to build a kit available for sale are you only planning to make one for the same vehicle you have? or do you have any plans to make it for a jeep wrangler as well?

Slowone

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Perritte
Member #

What brand are the slides,been trying to find more information on the sliders.Great looking unit

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
ooo... if you do decide to build a kit available for sale are you only planning to make one for the same vehicle you have? or do you have any plans to make it for a jeep wrangler as well?
The first edition would be more of a truck-based or a sprinter base design. I do have a design planned out for the back of SUVs and jeep JKU or JLU. So keep an eye out :)

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Reactions: Ivangraud and Boort