Launch Member

Member I

Bethesda, OH, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Haught
Member #

I’m hoping by the New Year to be able to offer kits for sale, more info at www.pullkitchen.com

Would you prefer a built unit that gets freighted for delivery or assemble at home like ikea furnature?

View attachment 121512
Honestly, came here for specs on the wood version... and this new one looks amazing.... definitely interested in either configuration

Reactions: PapaDave

Pine Watt

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Pine
Last Name
Watt
This inspired me! I just took initial measurements for my 96' Land Cruiser. I am exploring options for setting up my kitchen for a long 1 yr overland journey through South America. I really like how easy your system is set up and put away.

Hawg Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Brookings
Member #

Papa Dave, your truckbed kitchen is great! I am seriously looking at doing something very similar. Instead of plywood for the sides, did you think about something like fiberboad(masonite) or a plastic type product?

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Papa Dave, your truckbed kitchen is great! I am seriously looking at doing something very similar. Instead of plywood for the sides, did you think about something like fiberboad(masonite) or a plastic type product?
I have been researching materials for the panels, and it’s actually been what’s holding me up the most. As far as plastics acrylic is pricey, yard sign board too flimsy, HDPE is an option but it’s heavy and expands A LOT in the sun, so I’m looking at ACM. Aluminum composite material is what many signs are made of, is totally water resistant, and can come in amazing colors and patterns.

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

tild the top of her dog trailer as all the plywood is shot.

Do you have a good web site / company you are looking at? I haven't found where to really get this stuff.

What I really like is it's buildability. In the dog trailer box build I watched, the guy cut a 45degree groove into the skin and inside material but let the outer layer, and then added glue to the groove and bent it to form the box. Really nice.

And no rot, EVER!

tbecker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moses Lake, WA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Becker
I have been crazy busy with work and won’t have time to finish this drawer for my trip this week on The Mojave Road. But I am excited to get this build done hopefully next week. All of my 80/20 came in and it’s light and machined really well. The rounded edges are nice and though expensive the rounded Tri-corners look awesome View attachment 89945
did you have all the pieces cut to size or did you have to cut them yourself? if you cut them, what did you use? I would imagine there would be a lot of burrs. Just thinking how you go about it?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
did you have all the pieces cut to size or did you have to cut them yourself? if you cut them, what did you use? I would imagine there would be a lot of burrs. Just thinking how you go about it?
most of the pieces I had cut to size, then I tapped them myself. For the pieces I cut I used a chop saw but with aluminum it’s very important you purchase a non-ferrous blade to make smooth cuts. The blade has about 96 teeth or so depending on how big your chop saw is. That way there’s no burrs

Yearlytraveler66

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tomball, TX, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Escobar
Last night I worked on my bed mount. The drawer will attach to sliders that are screwed onto the plywood. When the drawer fully extends it wants to tip over so I anchored 1/2” bolts in the rear to catch the mount. I will at a steel plate to keep the wood from deforming.
View attachment 103164

Fridge and gear slide in the left, drawer mount on the right
View attachment 103162
Hi Papadave who makes the slider unit to the left.

Rugbyrover

Rank I

Contributor III

Washington D.C.
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Amazing and inspiring build. I just found your pull kitchen walk around video and joined this site/forum because of it. My wife is ex-army (I am navy) and the army could suck the fun out of a anything. She is tired of some of the hassel associated with camping and something like this... that stream lines the set up and cooking process excites both of us. This would literally be the first big install or buy for our new Chevy Colorado Zr2 Diesel.

• Wow

Raisinhead

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
First Name
Jay
Last Name
DeSi
^^^ I did the same, joined after seeing the video. First post here. Nice forum.

Incredible workmanship and vision with it all. Usually I copy a few ideas here and there, but this is so well planned and executed, I'll be copying a good bit. Side business seems like a solid idea!

I'm building out a hybrid rtt expedition style buggy hauler. Just built the rack with telescoping tent, now getting ready to build the kitchen + tool storage.

Question:

How do you attach the 80/20 to the drawer sliders?

I have a good bit of space, but still want to keep weight down. Any suggestions for things you would change now that you've used it a few times?

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
^^^ I did the same, joined after seeing the video. First post here. Nice forum.

Incredible workmanship and vision with it all. Usually I copy a few ideas here and there, but this is so well planned and executed, I'll be copying a good bit. Side business seems like a solid idea!

I'm building out a hybrid rtt expedition style buggy hauler. Just built the rack with telescoping tent, now getting ready to build the kitchen + tool storage.

Question:

How do you attach the 80/20 to the drawer sliders?

I have a good bit of space, but still want to keep weight down. Any suggestions for things you would change now that you've used it a few times?
The drawer slides have holes that the 1/4-20 screws go through to lock into the T nut and screw into the 80/20 bars. The sliders, in this version, are attached to L brackets which are anchored to the base. The rear end of the base anchors under to large bolts which pass through the bed of the truck. Future versions will likely use rivnuts anchored into the bed to secure it

Reactions: Raisinhead

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Amazing and inspiring build. I just found your pull kitchen walk around video and joined this site/forum because of it. My wife is ex-army (I am navy) and the army could suck the fun out of a anything. She is tired of some of the hassel associated with camping and something like this... that stream lines the set up and cooking process excites both of us. This would literally be the first big install or buy for our new Chevy Colorado Zr2 Diesel.
Well I’m glad it makes sense to you, does to me. Just got back from Death Valley tonight and a fellow overlander, whom I just met, was almost a little bugged that he would finish setting up his tent and I would have my iKamper set up and my Pull Kitchen out already cooking. Streamline is my goal

:)

Carlini

Rank 0

Contributor I

Papá Dave,
I’m an grateful for people like you. Willing to share to literally Improve people’s lives. I’m semi local here in San Jose. One day I’d love to see your set up. I’ve been on fence wether or not convert my truck into an overland rig.
Once again, thanks for sharing.
-Carlos C.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Papá Dave,
I’m an grateful for people like you. Willing to share to literally Improve people’s lives. I’m semi local here in San Jose. One day I’d love to see your set up. I’ve been on fence wether or not convert my truck into an overland rig.
Once again, thanks for sharing.
-Carlos C.
Come to the Pleasanton CA meet up on Dec 8th, it’s under the Rally Point calendar. Thanks for the kind words

Reactions: Carlini