Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
saw your walkaround video on youtube. verry impressive. great project.
greetings from belgium europe !
Hello! When I was 19 years old I backpacked around Europe and I flew from New York to Brussels. I walked out of the train station totally overwhelmed with where to go and went and saw the St Michael and St Gudula cathedral. I could not believe how old it was and thought my mind was going to blow up when I saw that it was built in the 11th century. Wow

Reactions: ChasingOurTrunks

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Just saw this on the Tube, very nice setup! Did you consider adding fold out legs to the outer end?
Nope, not ever. I’ve been asked a number of times though on YT’s comment section. The sliders are rated for 500lbs and do just fine, though I think the camera makes it look like it’s 15 feet long :)

jorisken

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
joris
Last Name
lava
most of the time people start taking how good the beer was ... not how old the buildings are :-))
but yeah ... we have old buildings in old villages ... older then your country.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
most of the time people start taking how good the beer was ... not how old the buildings are :-))
but yeah ... we have old buildings in old villages ... older then your country.
Hahaha I was 19 after all. Yes up to that point the oldest thing I had seen was 1700’s on the east coast, but I’m a Californian and nothing is that old out here. 1800’s is usually it. But we’ve got plenty of great off road trails to see though we lack ancient buildings. And some good beer like 805

jorisken

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
joris
Last Name
lava
i changed from landrover to VWT6 4motion due to tax regulations here in belgium ... i made myself a drawer system wich works on polyuthereen sliders ...

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Nope, not ever. I’ve been asked a number of times though on YT’s comment section. The sliders are rated for 500lbs and do just fine, though I think the camera makes it look like it’s 15 feet long :)
Can you tell us what sliders you used? It looks like they lock open as well as closed besides carrying 500 lbs.

CBeckFJ

Rank 0

Contributor I

NH, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Becker
Hello! Do you have detailed plans I can download/use? I am looking at a kitchen system for my M416 and this is perfect

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Did you have 80/20 do your cutting and machining or did you do that yourself? It doesn't appear that you used the end fasteners that require the large hole to drop in but rather the through bolts they offer at 80/20.

I can understand not needing the legs. I have built a couple of things with 80/20 and it's really strong stuff.

jorisken

Rank 0

Contributor I

Belgium
First Name
joris
Last Name
lava
Hahaha I was 19 after all. Yes up to that point the oldest thing I had seen was 1700’s on the east coast, but I’m a Californian and nothing is that old out here. 1800’s is usually it. But we’ve got plenty of great off road trails to see though we lack ancient buildings. And some good beer like 805
not that much offroad trails here anymore ... the place to be in europe is poland and romania etc ... no rules there

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Can you tell us what sliders you used? It looks like they lock open as well as closed besides carrying 500 lbs.
Here you go, you can choose from a wide range of lengths and locking or not. And yes they lock open as well which is necessary if you are on an incline

bladerunnerkc

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas City, KS, USA
Member #

Here you go, you can choose from a wide range of lengths and locking or not. And yes they lock open as well which is necessary if you are on an incline

Thanks, I had not heard of that brand. I had been looking on Amazon and having mixed results. I had started looking at 80/20's motion parts but it's not the same feature set as a good set of sliders.

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hey just saw the video on YouTube. Very nice! Have you had a chance to add up the total cost of the drawers yet. Curious what it ran you.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks, I had not heard of that brand. I had been looking on Amazon and having mixed results. I had started looking at 80/20's motion parts but it's not the same feature set as a good set of sliders.
AMazon is good for some things, then sucks for others like sliders. I got my coffee table lifts, latches, and pulls from Amazon, but the sliders are the backbone of the system so you can’t screw with that

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey just saw the video on YouTube. Very nice! Have you had a chance to add up the total cost of the drawers yet. Curious what it ran you.
Materials parts and everything about $1800. Aluminum isn’t cheap and the sliders are about $200 for a pair. It can be built for less for sure by using square extrusions and butting the joints instead of corner connectors. Just depends on what you are going for. I was trying to make something functional and cool looking, but 8020 offers a number of options