First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Btw what is your Instagram handle aga
Finally got the lift up lid done. Learned lots about their function, limitations. Really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again for the inspiration!
View attachment 196111
looks great! Nice little unit. Those lifts can be more challenging than one expects for sure

Boreal Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Europe
First Name
s
Last Name
K
Finally got the lift up lid done. Learned lots about their function, limitations. Really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again for the inspiration!
View attachment 196111
Nice work! I love the look of the side panels.. like a Topo map.
That is wood with a sort of white wash paint i guess? Awesome build man!

jasonthorell

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Calgary, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Thorell
Nice work! I love the look of the side panels.. like a Topo map.
That is wood with a sort of white wash paint i guess? Awesome build man!
Thanks.

Dave has been really selfless, and not only made this great forum thread, but privately gave me some guidance.

All the wood is Baltic birch, amazing product. The panels are 1/4” and have five plies, the top is 5/8” with eleven plies. Very similar to marine grade plywoods. Then a light stain, and four layers of poly! Really nice wood to work with, you get that skateboard deck look on the edges that are visible too.

Boreal Overland

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Europe
First Name
s
Last Name
K
Thanks.

Dave has been really selfless, and not only made this great forum thread, but privately gave me some guidance.

All the wood is Baltic birch, amazing product. The panels are 1/4” and have five plies, the top is 5/8” with eleven plies. Very similar to marine grade plywoods. Then a light stain, and four layers of poly! Really nice wood to work with, you get that skateboard deck look on the edges that are visible too.
A couple weeks ago i picked up a small sheet of Baltic birch myself for a project..
in the store i was selecting the one with the nicest "drawing".
Seeing your work and how cool looking it came out says i made the right material choice.

As someone that loves nothing more than build stuff myself i really love seeing the Pull Kitchen project come to live here in this tread.
How freakin cool it is that Dave started a company and being successful with an idea he brought to live, so awesome!
I can't think of many "company's" that give you support when building something yourself based from their idea..
Keep up the great work Dave!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
A couple weeks ago i picked up a small sheet of Baltic birch myself for a project..
in the store i was selecting the one with the nicest "drawing".
Seeing your work and how cool looking it came out says i made the right material choice.

As someone that loves nothing more than build stuff myself i really love seeing the Pull Kitchen project come to live here in this tread.
How freakin cool it is that Dave started a company and being successful with an idea he brought to live, so awesome!
I can't think of many "company's" that give you support when building something yourself based from their idea..
Keep up the great work Dave!
Sorry just seeing this! Honestly it’s pretty humbling if you’ve been inspired and now proud of what you built yourself, for me that’s a really cool thing! I know not everyone would want to buy a Pull Kitchen so I’m excited when people put their own touch on it!

Again great work!

Reactions: Boort

Wander Taco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dayton, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Holste
@PapaDave Are you still able to source Dometic 9722 combo's from Europe? I'm having a very hard time finding a company that will ship to the US right now. I've had my order cancelled 3 different times! Thanks very much, and thank you for being so generous with details of your Pull Kitchen build!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave Are you still able to source Dometic 9722 combo's from Europe? I'm having a very hard time finding a company that will ship to the US right now. I've had my order cancelled 3 different times! Thanks very much, and thank you for being so generous with details of your Pull Kitchen build!
Email us at sales@pullkitchen.com and we might be able to help, we have them in stock.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I definitely don’t want to cross a line with OLB but PullKitchen just added some unique products for sale that can help DIYers.

DD6498C1-5EB9-4F78-8218-C22C892605CE.jpeg588F4396-11A7-4555-82AF-DB4794CC4DAD.jpeg

I’m not saying you need a PullKitchen hat, but you may want one :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Jariners

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Share away Dave.

I was wondering about the covers. It was mentioned once upon a time. As soon as Go Fast builds my camper, it will be covered, better, anyway. It was really hard for me to drill holes in a 10 month old truck.
Could you post up some photos of where you drilled and how many holes for your F150? I'm planning ahead and have the same short box as you do...

jasonthorell

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Calgary, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Thorell
Changed vehicles (went from a Mitsubishi Delica to a Toyota Land Cruiser 100), and changed
Up the design. Went with fridge drawer, stacked parallel drawers, 450 lb sliders, 3/4” baltic birch with nylon veneer, full steel frame. Took inspiration from a few directions!

Also, made a version for a four runner with the factory sliding deck.

C2F2A26C-5AEE-426B-B614-6A765CFC5D9C.jpeg09328F5B-2F39-4226-9988-C8C66D6CDB40.jpegFD825086-D84F-470B-9EC0-EF1327E36C83.jpegFA128606-F829-4DD4-B1A0-11DD7FBDCDC4.jpeg

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: PapaDave

Kally

Rank I

Contributor III

Adelaide SA, Australia
First Name
George
Last Name
Kalliontzis
I definitely don’t want to cross a line with OLB but PullKitchen just added some unique products for sale that can help DIYers.

View attachment 200864View attachment 200865

I’m not saying you need a PullKitchen hat, but you may want one :tearsofjoy:
Hey Dave

I ordered the hose and cap for my rotopax from you guys ! - the submersible pump i got with the sink / and gas burners doesn't fit into the rotopax are you using a self priming pump now ? if so which one are you using ? will pop up some pics of my draws soon in my 200 lc inspired by your design !

Kally

Rank I

Contributor III

Adelaide SA, Australia
First Name
George
Last Name
Kalliontzis
Hey Dave,
I loved your concept so much I built my own to suit my new lc200 - haven’t finished it yet but love it os far !
I order the rotopax cap / hose and external pump from you this week cant wait to get them !!!
Your concept works in the cruiser without removing the back seats I just had to make the cutlery draw and pantry 500 mm long each MAX (actually about 490mm for 1 and 500 for the other) and i used 4 pairs of sliders for the draw system.
1 meter for main slide 2 x 300 ( 1 pair at the rear non lockable and front lockable) and 1 500mm 125 kg (the others are all 225kg runners)
Thanks for sharing your details they helped me heaps

Attachments

kowbra

Rank I

Contributor III

AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Kowerchuk
Like many others, I was greatly inspired by the PullKitchen threads that PapaDave has posted here, and all of the details that he shared made my project seem possible. I hesitate to post here, as my slide kitchen is for a 5th wheel RV. But, PapaDave has graciously encouraged me to post them here, so here goes!

As noted, this is a kitchen for a 5th wheel RV, and it installs into the main storage bay opening on the curb side. It is 24" wide, 29" tall, and rests on 60" long drawer slides.

The goal was to have an outdoor kitchen and an outdoor bar area. I used a 24x24" stainless top from a restaurant table, and a 12x48" stainless shelf on pop up hinges. The frame is 10 series aluminum extrusion (Faztek Canada), and 1/4" baltic birch finished with black paint then a coat of rattle can black bedliner.
There is no water or sink yet; I will be adding RV outdoor taps with a quick connect spray hose (just inside the storage bay) and will use the 2 foldable tubs that I store in the main drawer.

The stove is really interesting; it is a Camp Chef Sidekick. This is designed to attach to the side of some of the Camp Chef pellet grill models, but I riveted 24" drawer slides onto it to mount in my kitchen. It has a really great burner, but the cool part is that it also has options; a griddle, a BBQ sear box and a Pizza oven! I have all of the options and they store in carry bags to the left of my kitchen (behind the door there)

RVkitchen-1.jpegRVkitchen-2.jpegRVkitchen-3.jpegRVkitchen-4.jpegRVkitchen-5.jpegRVkitchen-6.jpegRVkitchen-7.jpegRVkitchen-8.jpegRVkitchen-9.jpegRVkitchen-10.jpegRVkitchen-11.jpegRVkitchen-12.jpeg

I hope this is helpful to others in your projects. Let me know if you want more info; PM if you like so it doesn't clutter up this thread.

Thanks again, PapaDave, I really would not have been able to design and build this without your inspiration!

Brad

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
JULY 2020 UPDATE- our sales went live 4 weeks ago and the response has been overwhelming! Humbling actually. We’ve sold units all around the US and have requests in from 8 countries. Nuts. I was just looking over the thread and all the comments that are so encouraging, thank you. Currently this is what the latest kitchens look like.
View attachment 162198

MAY 2020 UPDATE- Overland Expo featured our product :)

Previous update- based off the amazing response I’ve partnered with another Overland Bound member to form Pull Kitchen, to build and sell kitchen units for trucks and SUV’s. Below is my DIY thread on my original blue drawer featured in Overland Bound’s video. www.PullKitchen.com

Again truly honored so many have been inspired to create better solutions!
—————————————————-
I’m feeling pretty humbled that Michael did a video on my drawer! :)

——————————-
Back in June of 2018 I built a 1/2” ply Overland drawer that Michael highlighted on a walk around of my truck. It works amazing! I love everything about it, how easy it is to set up and break camp, get to vital items, and the streamlined storage. Everything about it is great except the weight. Having an outside box and then an internal drawer proved to weigh A LOT, which isn’t bad for a truck but when I add my rack and RTT I’m looking for a lighter option, though it will cost more. My plan is use 80/20 to redesign my drawer, add more utility, and cut the weigh by at least a third. The drawer is 56” long, 20” wide, and 17” high to fit under my Diamondback cover.

Drawer 1.0
View attachment 88117 Plans for the new one
View attachment 88119

New sink burner combo purchased on eBay from England. These things are everywhere in Europe but not here?
View attachment 88118

I will be updating progress as I...progress.
That is awesome!

Reactions: Boort

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Like many others, I was greatly inspired by the PullKitchen threads that PapaDave has posted here, and all of the details that he shared made my project seem possible. I hesitate to post here, as my slide kitchen is for a 5th wheel RV. But, PapaDave has graciously encouraged me to post them here, so here goes!

As noted, this is a kitchen for a 5th wheel RV, and it installs into the main storage bay opening on the curb side. It is 24" wide, 29" tall, and rests on 60" long drawer slides.

The goal was to have an outdoor kitchen and an outdoor bar area. I used a 24x24" stainless top from a restaurant table, and a 12x48" stainless shelf on pop up hinges. The frame is 10 series aluminum extrusion (Faztek Canada), and 1/4" baltic birch finished with black paint then a coat of rattle can black bedliner.
There is no water or sink yet; I will be adding RV outdoor taps with a quick connect spray hose (just inside the storage bay) and will use the 2 foldable tubs that I store in the main drawer.

The stove is really interesting; it is a Camp Chef Sidekick. This is designed to attach to the side of some of the Camp Chef pellet grill models, but I riveted 24" drawer slides onto it to mount in my kitchen. It has a really great burner, but the cool part is that it also has options; a griddle, a BBQ sear box and a Pizza oven! I have all of the options and they store in carry bags to the left of my kitchen (behind the door there)

View attachment 213006View attachment 213007View attachment 213008View attachment 213009View attachment 213010View attachment 213011View attachment 213012View attachment 213013View attachment 213014View attachment 213015View attachment 213016View attachment 213017

I hope this is helpful to others in your projects. Let me know if you want more info; PM if you like so it doesn't clutter up this thread.

Thanks again, PapaDave, I really would not have been able to design and build this without your inspiration!

Brad
Nice work that looks really good!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Dave,
I loved your concept so much I built my own to suit my new lc200 - haven’t finished it yet but love it os far !
I order the rotopax cap / hose and external pump from you this week cant wait to get them !!!
Your concept works in the cruiser without removing the back seats I just had to make the cutlery draw and pantry 500 mm long each MAX (actually about 490mm for 1 and 500 for the other) and i used 4 pairs of sliders for the draw system.
1 meter for main slide 2 x 300 ( 1 pair at the rear non lockable and front lockable) and 1 500mm 125 kg (the others are all 225kg runners)
Thanks for sharing your details they helped me heaps
This is a really well thought out build! Nice work! I didn’t see this before