Tacoma Overland Drawer 2.0 PULL KITCHEN project

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

PapaDave

US West Region Member Rep

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
Btw what is your Instagram handle aga
Finally got the lift up lid done. Learned lots about their function, limitations. Really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again for the inspiration!
View attachment 196111
looks great! Nice little unit. Those lifts can be more challenging than one expects for sure

Reactions: Lanlubber

jasonthorell

Rank 0

Contributor I

Calgary, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Thorell
Nice work! I love the look of the side panels.. like a Topo map.
That is wood with a sort of white wash paint i guess? Awesome build man!
Thanks.

Dave has been really selfless, and not only made this great forum thread, but privately gave me some guidance.

All the wood is Baltic birch, amazing product. The panels are 1/4” and have five plies, the top is 5/8” with eleven plies. Very similar to marine grade plywoods. Then a light stain, and four layers of poly! Really nice wood to work with, you get that skateboard deck look on the edges that are visible too.

Contributor III

Europe
First Name
s
Last Name
K
Thanks.

Dave has been really selfless, and not only made this great forum thread, but privately gave me some guidance.

All the wood is Baltic birch, amazing product. The panels are 1/4” and have five plies, the top is 5/8” with eleven plies. Very similar to marine grade plywoods. Then a light stain, and four layers of poly! Really nice wood to work with, you get that skateboard deck look on the edges that are visible too.
A couple weeks ago i picked up a small sheet of Baltic birch myself for a project..
in the store i was selecting the one with the nicest "drawing".
Seeing your work and how cool looking it came out says i made the right material choice.

As someone that loves nothing more than build stuff myself i really love seeing the Pull Kitchen project come to live here in this tread.
How freakin cool it is that Dave started a company and being successful with an idea he brought to live, so awesome!
I can't think of many "company's" that give you support when building something yourself based from their idea..
Keep up the great work Dave!

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
A couple weeks ago i picked up a small sheet of Baltic birch myself for a project..
in the store i was selecting the one with the nicest "drawing".
Seeing your work and how cool looking it came out says i made the right material choice.

As someone that loves nothing more than build stuff myself i really love seeing the Pull Kitchen project come to live here in this tread.
How freakin cool it is that Dave started a company and being successful with an idea he brought to live, so awesome!
I can't think of many "company's" that give you support when building something yourself based from their idea..
Keep up the great work Dave!
Sorry just seeing this! Honestly it’s pretty humbling if you’ve been inspired and now proud of what you built yourself, for me that’s a really cool thing! I know not everyone would want to buy a Pull Kitchen so I’m excited when people put their own touch on it!

Again great work!

Reactions: Boort

Wander Taco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dayton, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Holste
@PapaDave Are you still able to source Dometic 9722 combo's from Europe? I'm having a very hard time finding a company that will ship to the US right now. I've had my order cancelled 3 different times! Thanks very much, and thank you for being so generous with details of your Pull Kitchen build!

PapaDave

Member III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6BKH
@PapaDave Are you still able to source Dometic 9722 combo's from Europe? I'm having a very hard time finding a company that will ship to the US right now. I've had my order cancelled 3 different times! Thanks very much, and thank you for being so generous with details of your Pull Kitchen build!
Email us at sales@pullkitchen.com and we might be able to help, we have them in stock.

Jariners

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Share away Dave.

I was wondering about the covers. It was mentioned once upon a time. As soon as Go Fast builds my camper, it will be covered, better, anyway. It was really hard for me to drill holes in a 10 month old truck.
Could you post up some photos of where you drilled and how many holes for your F150? I'm planning ahead and have the same short box as you do...

jasonthorell

Rank 0

Contributor I

Calgary, Canada
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Thorell
Changed vehicles (went from a Mitsubishi Delica to a Toyota Land Cruiser 100), and changed
Up the design. Went with fridge drawer, stacked parallel drawers, 450 lb sliders, 3/4” baltic birch with nylon veneer, full steel frame. Took inspiration from a few directions!

Also, made a version for a four runner with the factory sliding deck.

C2F2A26C-5AEE-426B-B614-6A765CFC5D9C.jpeg09328F5B-2F39-4226-9988-C8C66D6CDB40.jpegFD825086-D84F-470B-9EC0-EF1327E36C83.jpegFA128606-F829-4DD4-B1A0-11DD7FBDCDC4.jpeg

Attachments

Lanlubber

Rank V

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: PapaDave

Kally

Rank 0

Traveler I

Adelaide SA, Australia
First Name
George
Last Name
Kalliontzis
I definitely don’t want to cross a line with OLB but PullKitchen just added some unique products for sale that can help DIYers.

View attachment 200864View attachment 200865

I’m not saying you need a PullKitchen hat, but you may want one :tearsofjoy:
Hey Dave

I ordered the hose and cap for my rotopax from you guys ! - the submersible pump i got with the sink / and gas burners doesn't fit into the rotopax are you using a self priming pump now ? if so which one are you using ? will pop up some pics of my draws soon in my 200 lc inspired by your design !