Rank 0

Contributor I

Oakland , Ca
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Loft
Member #

For sale is a dual battery kit by off grid engineering + 2 North Star Group 35 batteries.

As far as I know this only fits the 3rd gen Tacoma’s . I just remived 2019 Tacoma trd offroad.
This kit is amazing , works soo well and great if you plan to hook up extra accessories to your truck.
I am only selling it because I’m trading in my truck to the dealer and they want it off.

Thanks for looking!

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
For sale is a dual battery kit by off grid engineering + 2 North Star Group 35 batteries.

As far as I know this only fits the 3rd gen Tacoma’s . I just remived 2019 Tacoma trd offroad.
This kit is amazing , works soo well and great if you plan to hook up extra accessories to your truck.
I am only selling it because I’m trading in my truck to the dealer and they want it off.

Thanks for looking!

Hey, if you end up breaking up the setup, I would take the aux tray in a sec.

FYI, this setup is actually for a 2nd gen. Reason being, 3rd gen tacos have an alternator voltage that's regulated/limited by the ECU. The max volts you get from the alt on the newer trucks is 13.5. you need ~14.4v to fully charge a deep cycle. On the 2nd gens the alternator volts matches the draw. The Blue Sea AC relay works great for those but the newer trucks need a DC-DC charger like the Redarc unless you want to top off the batteries every few weeks. With that setup you actually keep the stock battery or a non deep cycle as your starting batt and the wiring doesn't need to be a heavy gauge.

Sorry just thought you might want to know that for your ad.

creatureg

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oakland , Ca
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Loft
Member #

FYI, this setup is actually for a 2nd gen. Reason being, 3rd gen tacos have an alternator voltage that's regulated/limited by the ECU. The max volts you get from the alt on the newer trucks is 13.5. you need ~14.4v to fully charge a deep cycle. On the 2nd gens the alternator volts matches the draw. The Blue Sea AC relay works great for those but the newer trucks need a DC-DC charger like the Redarc unless you want to top off the batteries every few weeks. With that setup you actually keep the stock battery or a non deep cycle as your starting batt and the wiring doesn't need to be a heavy gauge.

Thanks , won’t be breaking up the set as then it wouldn’t be worth anything. But I actually bought from off grid engineering and they advertise it for the 3rd gen Tacoma and recommend these northstar batteries. I have no idea if these battery trays fit a 2nd gen or not. The 3rd gen literally has a 2nd battery location , this kit Bolts right up .
I ran it for about a year and it worked great so no idea the real math behind it but you sound like you know your stuff ;)

Best Graham

Reactions: Sparksalot

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK

Yeah I know they have it listed on their site that way but the owner confirmed the same thing when I asked him about it on the phone last fall.

Thanks , won’t be breaking up the set as then it wouldn’t be worth anything. But I actually bought from off grid engineering and they advertise it for the 3rd gen Tacoma and recommend these northstar batteries. I have no idea if these battery trays fit a 2nd gen or not. The 3rd gen literally has a 2nd battery location , this kit Bolts right up .
I ran it for about a year and it worked great so no idea the real math behind it but you sound like you know your stuff ;)

Best Graham