Synthetic Winch Rope and Snatch Block any Insight?

• HTML tutorial

Wonderland_Recon

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Magnolia, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Keller
Member #

I am mapping out my recovery system/gear and thought I would ask for some insight as it relates to using synthetic rope that comes on ZEON 10-S Platinum™ Winch with Synthetic Rope with a snatch block.

What type, brand, size of snatch block do you use with this particular winch or your winch?

My chief concern is to ensure the Synthetic Rope is not damaged by the snatch block as this would be the most likely cause of damage when used together.

Thanks in Advance for any insight you share.

Wonderland_Recon

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
As much as I appreciate the strength and weight savings of synthetic rope, I prefer not to use it in an uncontrolled environment where abrasion resistance against terrain and or recovery gear may come into play.

Reactions: Wonderland_Recon

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
As much as I appreciate the strength and weight savings of synthetic rope, I prefer not to use it in an uncontrolled environment where abrasion resistance against terrain and or recovery gear may come into play.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those new donut tackle blocks are interesting. and they are made for synthetic winch line. You could look into those. I think factor 55 offers them in their product line. With a little research i think you will find what your lookining for using a synthetic winch block. You will need a soft shackle also, along with at least a tree strap.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

What you don't want to do is use a synthetic rope in a block that has run wipe rope previously.

Look for a block that has minimal clearance between the sheave and the side plates and with the largest, smoothest circumference you can stand.

The "recovery rings" like from Factor 55 or Custom Splice are very nice and lightweight but do generate a greater amount of friction than a roller block.

Warn and Gear America both have some nice roller blocks, F55 ad Custom Splice for rings

Reactions: Desert Runner