Rank II

Enthusiast I

17577 Mountain Springs Ave, Nampa, Idaho 83687, United States
First Name
Keaton
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hey all! Newbie joining in from Nampa, Idaho! Traditionally more of a backpacker, my wife and I are dabbling in overlanding and stoked to learn and grow in this adventure. We have a 98 Ford Expedition, and since it still has some good bones, we are using her as our first rig to help us learn and decide what we ultimately want.

Thanks for the community!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hey all! Newbie joining in from Nampa, Idaho! Traditionally more of a backpacker, my wife and I are dabbling in overlanding and stoked to learn and grow in this adventure. We have a 98 Ford Expedition, and since it still has some good bones, we are using her as our first rig to help us learn and decide what we ultimately want.

Welcome to the Team, Let me first say that it's all about the adventure and less about the rig (Just my opinion, as I use to have a blast in my Ford Edge from AZ to ID, AZ to FL). I miss those day's of just toss the pups in the SUV and off we went on a weekend puppy adventure.

The Ford Expedition will serve you well; now I would make sure that you have your recovery points set, Comms, Water, and Fuel Storage planned out. You will find a post - Overlanding Gear which covers the 3 primary cases to pack for on this Forum. Don't be like me that packs 6 to 10 cases and only uses 3 to 4.

I use to live in Caldwell for work, and I would spend my weekends from McCall to Red Fish Lake and the snow fall was insane. You have so much real estate to cover that I'm sure the both of you will have a blast. Do you plan on going winter camping, or just Spring and Summer?

Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season.

Reactions: M Rose

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Welcome from Caldwell, Idaho!
Man I miss Caldwell, I use to rent a farm off 55, just north of Lake Lowell. It's been almost 10 years so I'm sure things changed a bit. Where do you go camping / overlanding?

Last edited:

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Man I miss Caldwell, I use to rent a farm off 55, just north of Lake Lowell. It's been almost 10 years so I'm sure things changed a bit. Where do you go camping / overloading?
I do my overloading in the driveway most of the time. :blush:

As far as camping and what not, I spend most of the time in the Owyhees, but I've also been up just north of Boise a few times. Haven't explored that area as much as I would like yet.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

BullNV

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Dayton, NV, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Roach
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Air Force

Welcome from Dayton, Nevada!

I‘ve been to Nampa a few times for work. Nice area.