Subscription Boxes

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

TahoePPV

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
I’m curious if anyone receives a monthly subscription box? If so, what do you get and why did you choose it?

I’ve been getting the advanced level Battlbox for a couple of years. I chose it because it seemed to have a good mix of EDC, outdoors, camping items.

I’m curious if there are any others that may lend themselves to overlanding.

Mike harpe

Rank V

Influencer II

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Alpha outpost. Not weapons focused but more survival. Last box had battery powered lighting stuff and a USB powered led strip. 10'. Also came with a headlamp and glow in the dark paracord. Grunt style has a 1 cent startup and you have to be a member for 3 months before you can cancel. Its about 48 bucks after tax and shipping

Reactions: TahoePPV

TahoePPV

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Alpha outpost. Not weapons focused but more survival. Last box had battery powered lighting stuff and a USB powered led strip. 10'. Also came with a headlamp and glow in the dark paracord. Grunt style has a 1 cent startup and you have to be a member for 3 months before you can cancel. Its about 48 bucks after tax and shipping
Do you have links by chance?

Battlbox is www.battlbox.com.

I’ve received several lights and headlamps, even a couple of small Camp stoves. A few different pocket knives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike harpe

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

Last edited:

Anak

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Sandy Eggo
You have to realize, the Jack Daniels is a natural progression when you have children.

It comes with teething.

The baby cries its head off because it can't explain the teething pain to you, nor can you explain it to the baby. So you pour a shot of Jack, dip your finger in it and apply it to the baby's gums. Then you polish off the shot yourself. If the baby keeps crying you repeat the process.

Eventually, someone ends up happy.

Reactions: Mike harpe

Scoutrover13

Rank 0

Contributor II

Thomasville, NC, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Parker
I use to have the Grunt Style shirt membership and the Alpha Outpost membership.
I cancelled the Grunt style because the shirts got super gimmicky and I swear when I first started it the shirts were made here then later they were produced elsewhere but can not verify that due to the markings on some of my first shirts are fading. The Beer guarantee is pretty cool, if it gets ripped or anything they will replace it though I have never used it. But none the less I do have some pretty cool shirts and they also give you 10% off orders and free shipping so if you buy more stuff from them its nice. It is also only $20 a month and I had it for a bit over 2 years, and if you did not like the shirt they are super cool gifts to give away, and a lot of times they theme them to the month, so during Christmas you would get a cool T lat looks like a military sweater or in September a 9/11 memorial shirt.

I have also had the Alpha Outpost box and had it for several months and was not impressed mainly with the quality. It was a bit less expensive then the battle box but the products, in my opinion was very cheaply made. I have never really deployed anything I have gotten from a AO box except a few items because, again to gimmicky. Having said that the two boxes shown above look pretty sweet and I would think I would liked some of that kit, but I digress. They do change themes monthly so I may have just gotten on in some months that the theme did not speak to me or my needs. I have looked to see if I could recall the boxes I had and they do not even have them listed in past boxes. It was when they first started up too so I assume that would play a part in the logistical side and things may have changed.

I mainly did them due to supporting some fellow military guys and if I get some cool kit out of it, OK. I can not afford some of the better, or what seems better, higher end boxes that surly would have some better stuff but that's neither here nor there. I mean you pay for what you get.

They were both reasonable in price for what you get so its had to complain but just trying to put out my pointers and thoughts. It is pretty exciting getting them in the mail though!

TahoePPV

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Wow, thanks for the feedback. I’ve been thinking about another box lately. Battlbox used to have strongly themed boxes that I really enjoyed. The quality can be hit or miss. I’ve gotten few really good knives, and some really iffy other stuff. I like the themes I see on the Alpha Outpost site. The cost is a bit lower as well. As long as the items are functional and something I’d actually use, it’s seems like a good option.

Mike harpe

Rank V

Influencer II

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I use to have the Grunt Style shirt membership and the Alpha Outpost membership.
I cancelled the Grunt style because the shirts got super gimmicky and I swear when I first started it the shirts were made here then later they were produced elsewhere but can not verify that due to the markings on some of my first shirts are fading. The Beer guarantee is pretty cool, if it gets ripped or anything they will replace it though I have never used it. But none the less I do have some pretty cool shirts and they also give you 10% off orders and free shipping so if you buy more stuff from them its nice. It is also only $20 a month and I had it for a bit over 2 years, and if you did not like the shirt they are super cool gifts to give away, and a lot of times they theme them to the month, so during Christmas you would get a cool T lat looks like a military sweater or in September a 9/11 memorial shirt.

I have also had the Alpha Outpost box and had it for several months and was not impressed mainly with the quality. It was a bit less expensive then the battle box but the products, in my opinion was very cheaply made. I have never really deployed anything I have gotten from a AO box except a few items because, again to gimmicky. Having said that the two boxes shown above look pretty sweet and I would think I would liked some of that kit, but I digress. They do change themes monthly so I may have just gotten on in some months that the theme did not speak to me or my needs. I have looked to see if I could recall the boxes I had and they do not even have them listed in past boxes. It was when they first started up too so I assume that would play a part in the logistical side and things may have changed.

I mainly did them due to supporting some fellow military guys and if I get some cool kit out of it, OK. I can not afford some of the better, or what seems better, higher end boxes that surly would have some better stuff but that's neither here nor there. I mean you pay for what you get.

They were both reasonable in price for what you get so its had to complain but just trying to put out my pointers and thoughts. It is pretty exciting getting them in the mail though!
I currently do grunstyle and black rifle coffee along with alpha outpost as I pictured above. Personally I'd rather do the 150.00 battle box but I cant afford that right now, and honestly alpha was something to try, but i didnt read the fine print and didnt know i had to have 3 orders before i could cancel without a fee. I'm still on the fence of canceling or not i would have rathered the lights be rechargeable, than battery powered. I have a 2 pack usb rechargeable head lamp from Sam's club that was 20 bucks that serves me well. I'm more than likely going to cancel the alpha cause I really dont need to spend 48 bucks when I'm trying to pay shit off.

However gruntstyle is only 20 a month and I like the warranty on it. No questions asked replacement for life isnt something you see anymore if ever.

I'm trying to pay stuff off to afford an overlanding trailer. Not sure what I want. I love the patriot trailers but their flagship is like 40 grand. Can we say ouch.

Hiker trailers are like 20k. Yes I want the bells and whistles. Anyways, I lost where I was going with this so yeah.. that's all I got lol

TahoePPV

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
I currently do grunstyle and black rifle coffee along with alpha outpost as I pictured above. Personally I'd rather do the 150.00 battle box but I cant afford that right now, and honestly alpha was something to try, but i didnt read the fine print and didnt know i had to have 3 orders before i could cancel without a fee. I'm still on the fence of canceling or not i would have rathered the lights be rechargeable, than battery powered. I have a 2 pack usb rechargeable head lamp from Sam's club that was 20 bucks that serves me well. I'm more than likely going to cancel the alpha cause I really dont need to spend 48 bucks when I'm trying to pay shit off.

However gruntstyle is only 20 a month and I like the warranty on it. No questions asked replacement for life isnt something you see anymore if ever.

I'm trying to pay stuff off to afford an overlanding trailer. Not sure what I want. I love the patriot trailers but their flagship is like 40 grand. Can we say ouch.

Hiker trailers are like 20k. Yes I want the bells and whistles. Anyways, I lost where I was going with this so yeah.. that's all I got lol
I hear ya on the adventure trailers! My kids and I built our own teardrop 11 years ago. So far so good. It’s even done part of the Enchanted Rockies Trail.

Grendel

Rank I

Contributor I

San diego
Member #

Get Lost Box- I loved it, it was expensive but the box had great things. Tow straps, shackles, vehicle mounted lights. I ended up cancelling while trying to pay off some bills and a month later they closed. It was a bummer because it was a good box.

Nomadik- Hated it, the stuff was cheap and not really worth it. 1 month I think I just threw the stuff away because it was useless and I wouldn't waste my time selling it.

Reactions: TahoePPV

TahoePPV

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Get Lost Box- I loved it, it was expensive but the box had great things. Tow straps, shackles, vehicle mounted lights. I ended up cancelling while trying to pay off some bills and a month later they closed. It was a bummer because it was a good box.

Nomadik- Hated it, the stuff was cheap and not really worth it. 1 month I think I just threw the stuff away because it was useless and I wouldn't waste my time selling it.
That sux on get lost box. I didn’t realize it was gone. Thanks for the feedback on nomadik.

Tupenny

Rank V
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
Member #

BarkBox subscription for our dog. High quality treats and a couple toys each. We can recycle his toys to keep things fresh, donating last months to the shelter and we have enough treats we share them with friends.