San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

This is Henry.
20191125_121247.jpg
Henry is famous for picking up bits of stuff and squirreling it away into all kinds of places in my 4Runner.
If you notice, in his left hand, he is holding something.
20191223_075040.jpg
This is what Henry was holding, I think it was part of a hinge for a chain-link fence.

We were way out near the Bradshaw Trail over Thanksgiving week.
Exact spot: Google Maps

Henry placed that hunk of aluminium in the door pull pocket of the rear drivers side door. It was making this strange noise that in my head sounded like maybe the door-seal had failed or something kooky with the roof-rack.
Nope. just a little aluminium cylinder, happily bouncing around in the door pull pocket.

I think I'll stick that in his Christmas stocking.

I love my kids.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
buwahaha. With my kid its rocks. When we're out on trips he'll grab rocks and whatever and then leave them in my jeep and i'll be left wondering wtf the new noise is...

he's done it to me with a railroad stake as well. :|

• Haha
Reactions: JCWages and WAYAWAY

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

buwahaha. With my kid its rocks. When we're out on trips he'll grab rocks and whatever and then leave them in my jeep and i'll be left wondering wtf the new noise is...

he's done it to me with a railroad stake as well. :|
Oh, we brought back a pile of rocks too! We visited the geode fields, so of course he filled his pockets with sharp bits of broken treasures.

Reactions: rho

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

This is Henry.
View attachment 132089
Henry is famous for picking up bits of stuff and squirreling it away into all kinds of places in my 4Runner.
If you notice, in his left hand, he is holding something.
View attachment 132090
This is what Henry was holding, I think it was part of a hinge for a chain-link fence.

We were way out near the Bradshaw Trail over Thanksgiving week.
Exact spot: Google Maps

Henry placed that hunk of aluminium in the door pull pocket of the rear drivers side door. It was making this strange noise that in my head sounded like maybe the door-seal had failed or something kooky with the roof-rack.
Nope. just a little aluminium cylinder, happily bouncing around in the door pull pocket.

I think I'll stick that in his Christmas stocking.

I love my kids.

Ha! This is hilarious.

My kid--now an adult and mother with her own teen--inherited my habit of picking up bits of metal, usually large steel fender washers and nuts and automotive detritus. I've been doing it since I was a kid in the sixties, when I was fascinated that a giant 2" nut or alien-looking piece of hardware would just be laying in the middle of the road or seemingly dropped out of the sky into the middle of a vacant lot.

So now we have bits of old weathered hardware from all around the country, stashed in odd places around the house.

I actually have this beautiful old bronze wingnut on my desk to put in her stocking this year, so cracked up when I saw you are doing that, too. I bet your kid will be doing it a long time.

Wing nut_8914-686.jpg

Road

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

Ha! This is hilarious.

My kid--now an adult and mother with her own teen--inherited my habit of picking up bits of metal, usually large steel fender washers and nuts and automotive detritus. I've been doing it since I was a kid in the sixties, when I was fascinated that a giant 2" nut or alien-looking piece of hardware would just be laying in the middle of the road or seemingly dropped out of the sky into the middle of a vacant lot.

So now we have bits of old weathered hardware from all around the country, stashed in odd places around the house.

I actually have this beautiful old bronze wingnut on my desk to put in her stocking this year, so cracked up when I saw you are doing that, too. I bet your kid will be doing it a long time.

View attachment 132095

Road

That bronze wingnut looks like something that I would pickup and save! I guess they come by it honest.

Reactions: Road

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Kids. You gotta love 'em. Otherwise you would kill them.

OTOH, I have found their small hands to be useful on a few car repairs.

Reactions: WAYAWAY