Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mount Vernon, WA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Verschoor
Member #

Hey guys, many of you have a spare tire mount on the rear bumper, and I was wondering what you are doing with the vacant space in the underbody spare mount area. Do you leave it empty? Is there a solution for using this area to store extra fuel, water, or tools? I haven't really found anything online that looks strong enough to withstand scrapes when on the trail.. Any thoughts?

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

My guess is it would have to be custom and custom sounds like alot of money.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I thought about doing something similar, mostly because there is no aftermarket support for my car which luckily lets me save up more money for something different a few years from now.

Reactions: peterver63

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Hey guys, many of you have a spare tire mount on the rear bumper, and I was wondering what you are doing with the vacant space in the underbody spare mount area. Do you leave it empty? Is there a solution for using this area to store extra fuel, water, or tools? I haven't really found anything online that looks strong enough to withstand scrapes when on the trail.. Any thoughts?
Ive got a tire rack on order and my mechanic says there is a fuel tank to fit the space but why get a tire rack gerry can combo then put a fuel tank underneath ,

Reactions: peterver63

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

there are aux fuel tanks for the fj that run just over $1000. not sure if the fj counts because the spare is on tbe rear door. airtank would be cool o think. ive seen rotopax mounted under there too.