Stepping on toes at work

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

As most of you know I drive a Ford Superduty named Rutger.

Rutger is flex fuel truck, E85 no sweat baby, rock n roll.

He is bone stock with all the EPA stuffs just a few bells n whistles (bumpers n tires)

Well we have parking that is for fuel-efficient vehicles so I begged the question what classifies as a fuel efficient vehicle? In its class it does very well everybody is so focused on diesel trucks if you people really pay attention to this before it had some really good gasoline three-quarter ton truck standards.

Anyways being a flex fuel vehicle and considered fuel efficient for its class I decided to risk it and parked there today I was met with no question then again this is Texas they probably just figured I would run them over I don't normally work at this building normally I am out in the refinery but I had to go downtown for a big training today and just had to test the waters I have yet to find any supporting documentation that this is an enforceable law or that if it were an enforceable all I am breaking it because I would consider a vehicle's fuel efficiency ratings to be measurable only within its class you can't compare an F250 to a Yaris get real.

I don't get it twisted chance I'm not anti environment I have solutely love the environment I enjoy it every chance I get and clean up the mess is Left Behind others whenever I can. It's not like I'm going to feel the sign off of the pole with my foot long Bowie knife and make a skid plate out of it or something LOL. I have chosen not to modify this vehicle for that reason, and I've chosen to replace the Bronco primarily for this reason it has its place as a recreational vehicle but it just doesn't make sense to me to take all of my long trips doing the damage of 6 miles per gallon with no emissions controls whatsoever. I do look forward to owning a smaller 4 by 4 Toyota 4Runner to drive but I don't need my truck and I can't wait to share those experiences with you as well and on that subject the 4Runner not be considered a fuel-efficient vehicle for its class? Body-on-frame SUV 4 wheel drive not like you can compare it to a cross over!

This is General discussion so let the opinions fly you won't hurt my feelings even if you try.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mind you the spots do not say hybrid vehicle thought I should point that out.... if that were the case then this discussion would be completely invalid

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I don't think they're considered fuel efficient vehicles. I don't think they take vehicle class into consideration when they post those signs, however if you can get away with it who cares?

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Our college has "fuel efficient vehicle parking" and it's treated as first come first serve. Nobody really cares if SUVs or trucks are parked in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc
Ive parked my f350 7.3 diesel in the fuel efficient/ hybrid parking spots. I've had a few people call me on it. When they do I pull.out my tracking app and show them I avg about 73 mpgs on diesel. It's fun to see them get confused for a few, then realize what all has been done to the truck.

Park there until someone more important than you tells you to stop

And for the record I'd put my old greasy truck up against a prius in fuel economy any day lol[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Last edited:

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I wasn't surprised to find it isn't backed by any actually state or municipal laws.

At all.

So I park Rutger there.

I won't park the bronco there... it's gets 6mpg with a tailwind.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk