Stanley Base Camp Cook Set For Four

• HTML tutorial

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

A few months back I bought the Stanley Base Camp Cook Set For Four, and was finally able to try it out on my recent trip to the coast.

The set includes a 3.7 qt pot with vented lid, a 7.25 inch frying pan, spatula, serving spoon, 4 22 oz. bowls, 4 6 inch plates, 4 sporks, a cutting board, a heat resistant pad, and a dish drying rack. Everything fits together into the pot, so it all takes up very little room.

It all works rather well, and I love how compact the whole thing is. There were only a couple of minor areas of concern. The size of the plates were kind of an issue for me. It was hard to fit both a main and a side on one plate. I found myself using either two plates or a plate and a bowl, just to make things easier. The height of the walls of the frying pan made it challenging to get the spatula underneath pancakes. Had no problems with cooking anything else in it. Lastly, the edge of the spatula started to melt after only a few days use. It's not too bad...about what I see on plastic spatulas in the house after several months. For the most part, I was cooking on low to medium-low heat, so I don't feel like this should have been a problem this soon. I didn't use the sporks because they were stored in a section of the kit that I didn't use, and so forgot about them. But after using this, I wish I'd remembered them.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it, and the issues I mentioned are minor nit-picky things that are easily worked with.

20180324_142020.png

20180324_142027.png

Reactions: Boort
S

SubeeBen

Thank you very much for your post. I was looking at that efact set, for my daughter, my wife & I. Was the pot & pan big enough for regular cooking . Thanks again .

Reactions: Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

The pot is plenty big enough for a family. The pan is only big enough for one decent sized steak at a time. You might be able to squeeze two smaller steaks or chicken breasts into it, you're probably better off cooking meat on a grill if it's for more than one person.

S

SubeeBen

The pot is plenty big enough for a family. The pan is only big enough for one decent sized steak at a time. You might be able to squeeze two smaller steaks or chicken breasts into it, you're probably better off cooking meat on a grill if it's for more than one person.
Very good, thank you very muck for your feedback. ✌