Stampede Pass, Washington State

• You may have noticed, things have changed round here! If you would like more information about the recent changes, please visit this post:

Software & Migration Update

• Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!

Sarge368

Rank I

Contributor I

Gig Harbor, wa
Member #

Ham Callsign
KG7ECC
Trail: Stampede Pass
Date Traveled: November 15, 2018
Trail Travel Time: 4 Hours
Length: 33 miles
Difficulty: Easy
Vehicle: High clearance 4x4
Modifications: None needed

My son and I took this trail together in November. It is an easy trail but affords the traveler some amazing views along the way. We were fortunate to get a gorgeous, sunny day. This is a forest service road the entire way and was pretty well maintained. On our trip we came across some areas that had a bit of snow which did necessitate the 4 wheel drive as some of the snowy parts were up hill. An un-modified 4 wheel drive should be able to take this route without any problems (with the caveat of snow and/or mud depending on weather).

We started the trail in the Greenwater area and ended up on I-90 on the east side of Snoqualmie pass. Now that we have done the route I would reverse that and start on I-90 and drive to Greenwater. The reason for this is to avoid traffic on the homeward trip. I listed 4 hours for the route and it can easily be done in that time. We stopped several times for photo ops and to just look around. There were also some very nice camp sites near the mid-point if a person wanted to drive out on an afternoon, camp over night and then finish the route the next day.

Between November and April (give or take a month) you will need to check with the ranger district to ensure the road is open and passable. I have attached a kmz file but also have it in gpx if anyone needs that file format.

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank VI
Supporter

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Trail: Stampede Pass
Date Traveled: November 15, 2018
Trail Travel Time: 4 Hours
Length: 33 miles
Difficulty: Easy
Vehicle: High clearance 4x4
Modifications: None needed

My son and I took this trail together in November. It is an easy trail but affords the traveler some amazing views along the way. We were fortunate to get a gorgeous, sunny day. This is a forest service road the entire way and was pretty well maintained. On our trip we came across some areas that had a bit of snow which did necessitate the 4 wheel drive as some of the snowy parts were up hill. An un-modified 4 wheel drive should be able to take this route without any problems (with the caveat of snow and/or mud depending on weather).

We started the trail in the Greenwater area and ended up on I-90 on the east side of Snoqualmie pass. Now that we have done the route I would reverse that and start on I-90 and drive to Greenwater. The reason for this is to avoid traffic on the homeward trip. I listed 4 hours for the route and it can easily be done in that time. We stopped several times for photo ops and to just look around. There were also some very nice camp sites near the mid-point if a person wanted to drive out on an afternoon, camp over night and then finish the route the next day.

Between November and April (give or take a month) you will need to check with the ranger district to ensure the road is open and passable. I have attached a kmz file but also have it in gpx if anyone needs that file format.
View attachment 89328View attachment 89329
Great pics and amazing views.

Reactions: Sarge368

Jedi

US Northwest Region Director
Staff member
Supporter

Influencer I

Ferndale, WA USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6JDI
Thanks for posting this up. That looks like a great little adventure with some awesome views.

Reactions: Sarge368