Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Prokop
Member #

I have a JKU with a 3" lift from Teraflex plus 1" coil spacers. I have a drawer system with ARB fridge and drawer and when the Rig is loaded and ready for action including the roof rack (Smittybuilt defender) I have a pretty significant sag on the back, probably 1.5" at least. I have started to look at these Airbags but the Australian company www.airbagman.com.au/ and I was wondering if anybody out there has experience with these. I don't take the drawer system out of the Rig and the fridge stays in the car all the time so I really want to level up the car.

I know Teraflex makes Outback springs which they sell as specifically made for Overlanding. Anybody out there has experience with them?

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I know a lot of people correct this issue by adding either a larger lift in the back (in your case 4.5-5") or some companies make stiffer lifts for heavy weight loads. It looks like the outback suspension is designed for heavier loads compared to their traditional suspension lift. I would go this route over the airbags because it is a simple fix compared to running air lines,etc. I would contact Teraflex just to make sure the outback suspension is stiffer than the standard one though. Just my opinion! Good luck with the fix!

Reactions: samP

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

I'll piggy back on Daniel Etter's comment. I'd add the spring with the proper lift height and spring rate for how the vehicle is normally loaded and THEN add the airbags for adjustability for when you load the vehicle up if needed.

Reactions: samP