Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hei

After just completing my latest (second) Arctic Trucks Expedition to Iceland, I have reached the point where I wish to move on, and work on my next "build project".

Looking to buy a Toyota Land Cruiser V8, only few years old, low km, good condition, and work on it to make an AT44 (Arctic Trucks 44inch) - for future Iceland & Norway Expeditions.

To do this you need both time and money.

Right now, been unemployed, I have a lot of time, but not a lot of money !!!!

So, as usual, I am being creative about how to solve this dilemma.

I am seeking sponsors, from either companies or individuals, that can help me achieve this dream.

Money and equipment are first priority - but company sponsorship through promotional clothing, gear, equipment, tools, etc., are also very welcome, and will be featured and acknowledged on the Project Build Website (under construction) in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me, and share your thoughts.
And if you are in the fortunate position to offer sponsorship of any kind, I look forward hearing from you.

Thanks a lot for considering my request.

Cheers
Neil :)

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I wish you all the best with this project! :)
Thanks a lot Joey.

It's ambitious, but we need something to keep us going, so I hope I can find ways to make this work.
Just need a lot of generous folks to donate a little, and it should all start to come together.

The hardest part is the start, raising the seed money, to buy the project vehicle to work upon.
Now I need a lot of luck on my side, and some generous start-up donations.....

Thanks for your support
Keep watching - once I have a project website for this, I will let you know.

Cheers
Neil :)

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Once this gets going let me know?

Maybe I'll be able to learn a few things..
Will do..........
It's probably a 1-2 year project, depending on how fast I can raise the seed capital to buy the vehicle.
Lots of interesting fixes and upgrades in mind.
Should be fun.....

Reactions: Joey83

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Looks like I will receive my first cash injection in a few weeks time.

Been promised some cash, to help kick-start the project, when I return home to UK to visit my mum, early September.

This will form a great boost - finally getting off "ground zero", and starting to build "seed capital" required, to purchase the Land Cruiser for this project.

Interesting times ahead.........

Reactions: Joey83

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Received my first cash injection, to get the ball rolling on my project.

It was just a few hundred pounds / dollars, but better than nothing, and something to provide a seed of inspiration, on which to grow.

Sales of unwanted / surplus items on www.finn.no (Norway's ebay) has been very slow and disappointing, but I hope it will pick up into the future.
If you are interested to see what I have for sale on Finn.no take a look via link below
(prices are in Norwegian Kroner - divide by 10 (remove a zero) to guestimate pound / dollar equivalent).
https://www.finn.no/user/profile/profile.html?id=477477697

Also, still not having a job / unemployed really doesn't help - no freely available disposable income - severely restricting spending / saving.

No news on the Sponsorship front as yet, but I do hope to gain one or two Sponsors by year end 2017.
If you are interested in becoming a Sponsor, please feel free to contact me - Look forward hearing from you.